Quikstart Installation Hangs at Step 4

Could use some solid advice here. I have installed many templates over the past few years and never had this problem. I downloaded and extracted and installed via FTP the boutique Quikstart template. Then as I went through the normal Joomla installation process I could not get past Step 4, the database configuration. All the details were correct and verified but it just hangs for a prolonged period of time when I click next. Then it offers no error message, only returns to the page as if nothing happened. I uninstalled it and tried again and still nothing. Finally, I installed Joomla 2.5 just to prove that that would work and it did in fact work. Any thoughts?
deeperwaters
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Hi

I've just tried to install this template and everything went fine. Please check permissions to configuration.php file. Does first step shows any red notifications to recomended settings ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mailing me details please ALWAYS put a link to post as a topic!!! gk.teitbite@gmail.com

Want to hire me for custom job ? Check my portfolio first: http://www.teitbite.com/
teitbite

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:21 am

Hello,

I have also been having this issue while installing, exactly as explained by "deeperwaters." To answer the question posed by the moderator, for my situation, the following recommended settings did not match the recommended setting (and were red notifications):

- Display errors (was On)
- Magic quotes GPC (was On)
- Register globals (was On)

Could these settings be the cause for the installation getting stuck at the database configuration step? If so, how do I modify these settings? Or is this something that I will need to have my host provider modify? This is my first time doing an installation like this.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Kind regards,

Corlisa
lisanereah
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi

Only Magic quotes could have an effect on installation, but I do not think it's the problem here. It's probably about permissions settings for server. Anyway please try use the newest version of the quickstart and try using a different browser. I've seen this issue once on FF, but when I've used Safari installation went ok, but this was with joomla 1.7 installer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mailing me details please ALWAYS put a link to post as a topic!!! gk.teitbite@gmail.com

Want to hire me for custom job ? Check my portfolio first: http://www.teitbite.com/
teitbite

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:27 am

Hello,

I tried doing the installation again. All the recommended settings now match those in the installation instructions.

I used the newest version of quickstart that was available for boutique (2.5), unless there is a newer version somewhere else that I'm not seeing...

I've used Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer version 9 and they've both given me the same issue.
I even tried downloading the quickstart package a 2nd time, creating a completely new database, etc, and it gave me the same issue.

I also tried doing the installation with the eSport template, and I had NO problems whatsoever. The installation when quickly and smoothly.

Could there be something wrong with the boutique quickstart package itself?

Thank you.

Corlisa
lisanereah
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Wed May 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi

It could be, but I had no problem installing it.

Please send me an access to esport You did install. I'll see PHP configuration in joomla panel.

teitbite

Wed May 02, 2012 4:40 pm

I will send this information in a PM.

I'm assuming you'll need the url to the site, and administration login details?
Is there anything else that you need?
lisanereah
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Wed May 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Same happens to me, step 4 can not get forward. I try to install locally and then upload it, I use WampServer 2.1 and preflight all are green, and tried with several browsers and still the problem. Could help me with some solution.
Many thanks for your answers.
felixlara
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi

I really have no idea. I've tried again to install it on my localhost and on my online server. No problems at all. Looking at lisanereah site the only difference I can see is that PHP version is a little old, but not as old to prevent installation ;/ Anyway this is the best lead for now so please try update it.

teitbite

Thu May 03, 2012 2:03 pm

I tried on another computer, with the latest version of wampserver 2.2D. and continue with the same problem, I note that if you create the data in mysql but that's in step 4. This problem only happens to me with templates that have "virtualmark" or "Redshop". I also tried installing the latest GavickPro template "restaurant" and other staff who are not "virtualmark" or "Redshop" I installed without any problems.

teitbite wrote:Hi

I really have no idea. I've tried again to install it on my localhost and on my online server. No problems at all. Looking at lisanereah site the only difference I can see is that PHP version is a little old, but not as old to prevent installation ;/ Anyway this is the best lead for now so please try update it.
felixlara
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Fri May 04, 2012 9:09 am

Hi

Please check VM and RedShop websites if Your system meets their requirements for install. I'll ask programmers what can be causing it and will answer when I know something more.

teitbite

Fri May 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi

Got a tip from programmers:

I recommend for this users run joomla.sql file (from the installation directory) in the test database on phpmyadmin and then see if there is some errors.

teitbite

Fri May 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Return to Joomla 2.5