How to reduce the memory size of the template

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:28 am
Hi i would like to know what we can do to reduce the template size of world news two. I would like to find ways to reduce the size of the template so it runs faster.

One of my sites comes out as 1.0 mb while the other comes out at 739kb. I would like to also try and reduce the number of request that the site makes to increase speed

some of the things i would like to see if getting rid of them is possible and if it is possible with damaging the site how do we do it includes:bg2.png

I am not very technical so i would like to know, Does the template need the following:

mootools-more.js
jquery-1.5.2.min.js

Can anyone please let me know what i can do to the template in joomla 1.5 and joomla 2.5 to make it faster
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:49 am
Hi

Template itself is pretty light, the biggest problem are additional extentions. So to reduce the weight You should think which one are not needed and remove it. Our template's are using mootols, so are our extentions, so if You are not using anything else than JQuery is not needed.

Have You tried any speed up plugin which will merge css/js files in one and compress it. It helps a lot.

GK User
Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:18 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Template itself is pretty light, the biggest problem are additional extentions. So to reduce the weight You should think which one are not needed and remove it. Our template's are using mootols, so are our extentions, so if You are not using anything else than JQuery is not needed.

Have You tried any speed up plugin which will merge css/js files in one and compress it. It helps a lot.

which entensions are using mootols then i can see if i need that or not. also i know this may sound daft but what does jquery do.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:37 pm
Hi

JQuery is a different javascript framework. On itself it does nothing. It's just a file with javascript functions which may or not be used by extentions.

Gavick extentions are using mootools so if You use only our extentions You can get rid of JQuery library. Unfortunately I do not know what other extentions You have and if it requires JQuery to work.