Collapsible articles on Windows-phone mobile

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:42 pm
Hello,

See this site : http://www.fapisere.fr
Blog layout articles are collapsible on iPhones and on Android mobiles, but they are not on Windows-phone mobiles : what must be modified in handheld.css to obtain collapsible articles ?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:01 pm
It is connected with the fact that the Windows phone is detected as other mobile devices. In general it needs changes in the code used to detection the mobile devices - you can edit the browser class in the framework to detect the windows phone and then load the iPhone or Android layout, but it is a more complex custom work which is beyond our support, additionally I don't guarantee that the JS scripts will work with the Windows Phone, because it wasn't tested. The necessary code is located in the lib/framework/gk.browser.php file.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:42 pm
Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I think it will be easier not to use the option "collapsible article", but in this case there is a new problem for any type of used mobile : iPhone, Android or Windows.

Indeed, with non collapsible article, second line (and third line if any) of the title is upon the article text : you can see that with this test site http://fapisere.fr/_fapi_test/ with iPhone or Android or Windows phone. I think the same css modification is to be done in iphone.css file and android.css file and handheld.css file : thanks to give the modification to do.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:40 am
Ok, I see what's the problem - in the CSS styles please change for the following selector:

Code: Select all
.gkFeaturedItemTitle

property:
height: 40px;

to:
min-height: 40px;

it should helps ;)
Administrator

GK User
Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:37 am
Hello,

I modified the line ".gkFeaturedItemTitle" into each mobile css file (iphone.css, android.css and hanheld.css files) and it is now :
.gkFeaturedItemTitle { padding:0; min-height: 14px; line-height:14px; margin: 5px 5px 0 5px; }

In addition, I modified Mobile layout (template administration) with "Collapsibles articles = Off".

The result is strange :
- article titles are OK on iPhones and Android phones
- no modification on Widows phones : second line (and third line if any) of the title is still upon the article text !

You can see that with this operating site http://fapisere.fr

What solution do you suggest ?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:50 am
Hi

Can You present a screenshot of how it looks like ? I do not have windows based phone, but maby I'll be able to help.

GK User
Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:40 am
Hello,

It's quite difficult to present a screenshot because I don't have WindowsPhone : I ask somebody by mail ...

Can I copy iphone.css and rename it as hanheld.css ? Would that be a solution ?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:17 am
HI

The problem is that I do not have such device either, so I have no idea how this error may looks like and how to fix it. So I'll wait for this screenshot.

You can try with this css replacing anyway some classes may not work. Unfortunately hard to tell which one without checking.

GK User
Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:22 am
Hello,

I return to this old question: On Windows Phone, how to get collapsible items?
See screenshots: on iPhone 3 and on Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8.
IMG_0019.PNG
wp_ss_20130210_0002.png
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:28 pm
Hi

This version looks like a desktop while You change it to show iphone view. So I'm guessing some javascripts are not working there. Unfortunately I have no way to check because of lack of such system :(

GK User
Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:31 pm
This is really sad.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:00 pm
Hi

What is sad ? IE ? I have passed this question to programmers, I believe one of them will be able to help.