How to use the tags option

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:48 pm
Hi, i am very confused and i feel like i am missing out. I see there is a tag section in my site and at the moment i have disabled it as i am not sure how to use it. Can anyone please explain how to use this and if it will help with seo and give me a better standing in google search engines if i use it properly

many thanks
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:59 am
Hi

It will help with SEO, because articles will be easier to recognize in case of a topic.

Tags are part of K2. In each article You have a field "Tabs" where You simply add all tagr related with article.

GK User
Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:14 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

It will help with SEO, because articles will be easier to recognize in case of a topic.

Tags are part of K2. In each article You have a field "Tabs" where You simply add all tagr related with article.

can you explain more on this please. do they show up on the page and where do i enter the tags. i did not know what they were for so a lot of categories i have disabled the tags.

would be of help if you can help and explain more

thanks
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:19 pm
Hi

Here is a great explenation about tags and what You can do with them: http://www.buildajoomlawebsite.com/blog ... ns/k2-tags

GK User
Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Here is a great explenation about tags and what You can do with them: http://www.buildajoomlawebsite.com/blog ... ns/k2-tags

hi i have read the post thanks for that. one thing i am still confused at is. I have used it on this page

http://www.in2town.co.uk/news/katie-price/katie-price-uses-sex-as-a-weapon-according-to-alex-reid

and at the bottom it shows my tags but when i press them like the katie price tag it just goes to a blank page.

http://www.in2town.co.uk/tag/Katie-Price

could you please explain or point me in the right direction why it does this and what should i do to make the site using this better in the seo.

can you also let me know if google will then look at the tags at the bottom of the article and index them and move me up the rankings and if the tags should be at the bottom or the top for better seo, and if they should be at the top how would i do this

many thanks
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:17 pm
Hi

I can see in code that 3 articles are displayed, but all informations has been disabled. Please send me an access to joomla panel, I'll change options to show some content.

With tags You have some extra links per article describing a key word and seo likes that stuff :)

GK User
Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:37 pm

I can see in code that 3 articles are displayed, but all informations has been disabled. Please send me an access to joomla panel, I'll change options to show some content.

With tags You have some extra links per article describing a key word and seo likes that stuff :)

hi thanks for this, i have sent over my log in details
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:41 pm

hi, just to add to my email, a lot of the pages are not bringing up the related stories such as this page http://www.in2town.co.uk/gastric-hypno- ... went-wrong
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:40 pm
Hi

Sorry but I do not see a PM or mail from You. Can You please tell me where should I look ?

GK User
Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:19 am

Sorry but I do not see a PM or mail from You. Can You please tell me where should I look ?

hi i sent it to you the other day, i will send it again
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:06 pm
Hi

Where have You send this access ? I cannot find it. Please maybe try using a contact form on my website.

GK User
Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Where have You send this access ? I cannot find it. Please maybe try using a contact form on my website.

i have sent it through email and also as a personal message on here
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:32 pm
Hi

I'm really sorry, I recived Your mails and PM each time. I just mistaken You with different user and used Your site to help Him solve some font-size problems. No worry, nothing was changed in site configuration.

I've checked tag layout settings in K2 and finally changed it to show content. I had to clear cche in order to changing this settings takes effect.

GK User
Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:59 pm

I'm really sorry, I recived Your mails and PM each time. I just mistaken You with different user and used Your site to help Him solve some font-size problems. No worry, nothing was changed in site configuration.

I've checked tag layout settings in K2 and finally changed it to show content. I had to clear cche in order to changing this settings takes effect.

thank you for this, that is great. just a quick note, the tag cloud, when i tried building one, when you press anything in the tag cloud it went to a page that was blank and not to the page that i was hoping. can you explain more about the tag cloud and where i can get more information about them. i have seen them in operation but do not really understand.

for example, if you had loads of pages and they all had the tag in them of health, which page would you be directed to if you press the health on the tag cloud.

any help would be great
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:42 pm
Hi

Tags are used as an additional topic of article. If article is about health, You add a tag "health". And this is the only relation with article. It helps to find other articles talking about health. And this is where tag clous is leading. You can see a list of articles where selected tag was used.

This is the only way it can work.

GK User
Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Tags are used as an additional topic of article. If article is about health, You add a tag "health". And this is the only relation with article. It helps to find other articles talking about health. And this is where tag clous is leading. You can see a list of articles where selected tag was used.

This is the only way it can work.

ok will try and use it again and will let you know how i got on
Platinum Boarder