Few issues with Jomsocial 2.8 in template

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:21 am
The first issue is that the Module: "Community - Latest Members" was working fine in the frontpage like the DEMO but now I had to deactivate it because it messed all the layout and the menu bars are just gone.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The other issue is maybe related to Jomsocial or Joomla, after the jomsocial 2.8 update some profiles just give a 500 error message:

500 String could not be parsed as XML

I uninstalled jomsocial and all plugins and re installed but then all the profiles give the same error

"500 String could not be parsed as XML"

before that just a few profiles were giving the error now are all of them. The other error with the module "Community - Latest Members" stays the same in the template.

If you need an ADMIN account to check just let me know
right now you can login with a regular account to see the errors in profile areas. The "Community - Latest Members" module is deactivated right now

user: [deleted]
pass: [deleted]
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 am
Since latest updates JomSocial modules adds some clearfix CSS rules which as we notice cause many problems not only with template but other extensions - you should contact with them via support to help you with this issue. In short words their styles override template styling which cause a lot of problems. In regard to 500 errors please try to switch JomSocial template to default if you still get this problems probably something goes wrong during update process.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:16 pm
Changed to default, keeps the same error, I will contact them, thanks
Expert Boarder