mod_news_pro_gk4 not showing new k2 articles

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Sat May 25, 2013 6:37 pm
Hi, my website which has just been updated to joomla 3. using the new template from gavick is having major problems.

All the articles are showing, but when we add a new article in k2, it is not showing in the mod_news_pro_gk4 module.

for example, on the home page on the left top, we have a section called celebrity news, but we have added an article which you can see here http://www.in2town.co.uk/news/showbiz-g ... ays-friend

but it is not showing in the module or any other module on the home page, but it is showing in the K2 Content module as seen on the above mentioned page.

any help would be great
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 26, 2013 7:01 am
Hi

Programmers are working on this already. Meanwhile please try using this solution: https://www.gavick.com/forums/news-joom ... 14#p121214

teitbite
Mon May 27, 2013 9:38 am
Hi

I need You to edit /modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_classes/gk.source.k2.php and right under this line:

Code: Select all
$date = JFactory::getDate($config['time_offset'].' hour '.date('Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime('now')));

add this

print '<pre>';
var_dump( $date );
print '</pre>';

than copy the result it gives on the site with an exact time You have made this test.

If You will have problems with that please send me an access to FTP and I'll make it myself.

GK User
Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:14 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

I need You to edit /modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_classes/gk.source.k2.php and right under this line:

$date = JFactory::getDate($config['time_offset'].' hour '.date('Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime('now')));

add this

print '<pre>';
var_dump( $date );
print '</pre>';

than copy the result it gives on the site with an exact time You have made this test.

If You will have problems with that please send me an access to FTP and I'll make it myself.

object(JDate)#1383 (4) {
["tz":protected]=>
object(DateTimeZone)#4 (0) {
}
["date"]=>
string(19) "2013-06-05 00:00:00"
["timezone_type"]=>
int(3)
["timezone"]=>
string(3) "UTC"
}
[20:13:30] Tejinder Singh: send this
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:35 pm
Hi

And this is the reason of the problem. A date function in joomla has changed. Please try add this line:
$data = $date->date;

right under this one: