I have been hacked - not sure where to go from her

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:51 pm
I used one of your gk_musictop template, quickstart. I populated it and about a day ago I went to the site http://livingchoicesjax.com and there is a message that I have been hacked.

I'm not sure how it happened but I do know the same template was hacked 3 weeks ago.

How do I tell what version of joomla I am using. Is there anyway for me to salvage this?

Please help me.

Dave
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:27 pm
Hi

I'm sorry, but the Template does not have anything to do with.
I can only recommend that you always keep your joomla update (subscribe Joomla Security News). For example, the last update from 1.5.14 to 1.5.15 fixed one important frontend security breach.
Also, try to add some protection by adding in your site some joomla security extension (i recommend JDefender Component from Mighty Extensions Team.

Also, some vulnerable paths may come from your host service protection or wrong permissions on files.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:33 am
I guess you misunderstood the question...

Again, how do I determine what version of joomla is running on a template?

BTW the link you to mighty extensions doesn't work?

I am not sure exactly how to update to the latest version either.

thx,

Dave
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:00 am
Log into joomla and look to the top right... You'll see Version 1.5.15 if it is current.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:23 am
I dont think it is an issue with joomla... It looks as if your hacker got into your hosting account and changed your index file.. your joomal installation seems to be intact.. Login with your ftp program and replace it with a joomla index file... also look around for files and folders created recently. They are sometimes used in phishing sites. Then update your passwords and if your password was strong alert your hosting company. If they cant help you .. get a new hosing company with better security... Once you are hacked but the turkey and Russian guys they will keep doing it and post your address on message board so others will also do it.
Fresh Boarder