PenGuin Mail: Trouble with some modules "Notice: Undefined offset"

GK User
Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:59 pm
Hi There,

I try to implement the brand new nice "Penguin Mail" template issue 1.0 currently in a Joomla 1.5.22 website.

I have some notice displayed with 2 modules - see screenshots - I ask for this in this forum because this behavior seems specific with the template (no problem with Gavick's PostNote for example..)

PUM.PNG

Here is the corresponding code in the file (php file line 270)

Code: Select all
for($b=0;$b<count($connections_ua[$j]);$b++)

HWDV.PNG

Here is the corresponding code in the file (func_parserow.php on line 35 to 37)

$vec = explode(',',$item->video_id);
if($vec[1]){
    $thumbnailurl = $vec[1];

Thanks by advance for your help - i am not able to understand what's behind this ;)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:24 pm
Hi,

The best solution is turn off diplay error options in php.ini file which is recommended for J!1.5.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:28 pm
Hi bkrzuk

Thank you very much for your quick answer. I was not aware of this, a step forward in my knowledge :cheer:

Unfortunatly, it do not change the behavior. A mistake in php.ini file or other stuff ?

Content of my php.ini (in root and /administrator)

display_errors = Off
html_errors = Off
display_startup_errors = Off
log_errors = On

Seems to be very far of a template concern but this happens only with penguinmail :(
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:44 am
Hi

You can also disable this errors from joomla panel. In Global Configuration for server.

GK User
Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:03 pm
Thanks again for this - unfortunatly error reporting is still set to "off" but the notice messages are still there (only when i use penguinmail template) :( - strange

Capture.PNG

Any other advices will be welcomed
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:17 am
Hi

You can also update the functions with code preventing this to run if there is no value. Something like this:

if( SUSPECTED VALUE ) {

TROUBLESOME_CODE

}

GK User
Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:46 am
I too am having the exact same problem and when I switch templates the problem(s) goes away. This problem keeps happening on many/most modules. As with member wadzaloo, I have errors off in Global config and in php.ini.

The template is very lovely so would like to make this work. Thoughts?

Thank you teitbite
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:42 am
Hello

glad to notice that jjart have problems too (sorry i'm a bit clumsy :silly: ) - I mean, i don't feel alone anymore...

I like PenGuin Mail for its simplicity and i hope there will be some improvements & bug fixes on this template. To be honnest, i am not skilled enough to apply teitbite's advice and i notice the problems occur only with the template and not others (Gavicks or not)

Thank you all
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:40 pm
Hi

I got the answer from programmer.

This are not important notices. Please add this code at the beginning of index.php file:

ini_set("display_errors", "off");
ini_set("error_reporting", 0);

The notices dissapear for diffrent templates because there is no positions as the one used in Penguinmail so the modules are not displayed at all.

GK User
Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:07 pm
Oh yes - It works now :cheer:

I notice in the current template in index.php the codes already exists and with an error report to "on"

ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','On');

Thank you very much teitbite - subject is closed for me. You too JJart?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:12 am
Thank you!
Fresh Boarder