Problem with translation in the LOGIN page of penguinMAIL...

GK User
Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:03 pm
Hello fellows,

I need to translate the words "Login", "Register" and the text "Lost Password?" in the LOGIN page of the penguinMAIL template and I am unable to find these words in any of the files contained in the template or in the JOOMLA 1.5.22 installation.

I mean the heading words "Login" and "Register" in Black in this relative URL:

/index.php?option=com_user&view=login

and the text "Lost Password?" below the Login button.

Please see the attached image for a clear view of my request.

Can somebody tell me in which file they are, I have looked everywhere and can not find it.

Thank you in advance for your help and kind regards.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:46 pm
Hi,

You can probably change 'Lost Password?' text by editing joomlaroot/language/en_GB/en_GB.mod_login.ini Line 22 for J1.6 or Line 11 for J1.5.22 you may need to change a different language file depending on your installation and setup.

I don't have an installation of Penguin on j1.5, so my guess would be the titles 'Login' and 'Register' are set by either a Menu or Module title. I could be way off base but if you haven't tried changing the titles it maybe worth investigating.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:06 pm
Hi

All our templates and extensions have file language support.
So if you need to translate this words, you can do it on this file ../language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_gk_penguinmail.ini

If you have your native language files added, you can copy this file to the directory of your language and change language prefix on the name of this file. For example, if it is portuguese this file should be pt-PT.tpl_gk_penguinmail,ini.

Notice:
Before making your translation, you might need to change character encode format of this file. I recommend that you use Notepad+++ editor.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:26 pm
Hi:

The mentioned wods which I could not find are in the file:

(Joomla installation)/templates/gk_penguinmail/html/com_user/login/default_login.php

I finally found them, just in case it may help someone else.

Thanks for your interest and help.

David
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:28 pm
Hi Seichinha,

As I was telling you, the mentioned words which I could not find are not in the language files but in the file:

(Joomla installation)/templates/gk_penguinmail/html/com_user/login/default_login.php

I finally found them, just in case it may help someone else.

Thanks for your interest and help. ;)

David
Fresh Boarder