All links return "Component not found - 404 Error"!

GK User
Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:26 pm
Hi there,

I just installed the PenguinMail J1.5 quickstart template and for some reason that I can't figure out I get redirected to a COMPONENT NOT FOUND 404 Error page, the URL in the browser looks correct so I am stuck...

I did have SE Friendly URLS enabled but that didnt seem to make a difference, I also had enable the Apache Re-write option enabled, then disabled it thinking that it was causing the problem...

I just don't know...

I did install the latest version of RSFirewall and RSForms Pro and I don't know if that would make any difference, do the template files within the theme folder need to have certain permissions set? All green inside the permissions area...

Any ideas?

Cheers.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:28 pm
An hour later..... Fixed!

Stoopid SEF URL's enabled caused the problem!

What's up with that?

Now I need to find out why the SEF URL's mod isn't working with this theme...

Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:35 pm
Ok...solved the SEF issue...

I enabled SEF after disabling it and enabled the Mod re-write and it is working 100%

I hope this info helps other noobs get through this basic phase of setting up a Joomla template.. :woohoo:
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:38 pm
Oh, one other thing that I did was deleted the .htaccess file and renamed the htaccess.txt file in the root of my joomla install directory to .htaccess, I think that could have been the issue that was causing all of the above problems ...

Cheers..
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:17 pm
im pretty sure the .htaccess was the error. it's a common mistake in joomla when playing with seo
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:21 am
Hi

I was always wondering why this file hasn't already come with name ".htaccess". Than I bought a Mac and I saw... mean not saw ;/ Ok. Nevermind :D