Hide extra fields title in k2

GK User
Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:03 am
Hi, can someone tell me if it's possible to hide the extra fields title, You can see it in the screenshot.

and is it possible showing the extra fields the same way that the tags, category and social sharing fields to get better integration.

Thanks and excuse my english
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:14 am
Hi, Could you please tell me how you added the social icons above the title..the facebook, tweet and other link..

Also if you give me your web url I can help you out with hiding the title.

thanks
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:29 am
Hi, the link here: http://www.analisistecnologia.com/index ... gurando-k2

I get the social icons here: http://www.addthis.com/ and paste the code in the k2 preferences (social button field). Now i'm trying to place this buttons at the bottom of the article. I have a provisional solution inserting the code in the article to place it at the article's bottom http://www.analisistecnologia.com/index ... que-quiero

Hope i would helping you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:34 am
Ok I looked your site up. To hide just the title, this is what to do

go to templates/gk_penguinmail/css/k2.css line 181

Replace:
Code: Select all
.catItemExtraFields h4, .genericItemExtraFields h4, .itemExtraFields h3 {
    border-bottom: 3px solid #DDDDDD;
    font-size: 28px;
    font-weight: normal;
    height: auto;
    line-height: 28px;
    margin: 32px 0 22px;
    padding: 0 0 6px;

WITH

.catItemExtraFields h4, .genericItemExtraFields h4, .itemExtraFields h3 {
    border-bottom: 3px solid #DDDDDD;
    display: none;
    font-size: 28px;
    font-weight: normal;
    height: auto;
    line-height: 28px;
    margin: 32px 0 22px;
    padding: 0 0 6px;

If you need more help let me know.
Please let me know how you added those social links
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:58 am
oh thanks. I'll try to explain it again, but you have to excuse my english.
I have copy this code:
<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
<div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style ">
<a class="addthis_button_facebook_like" fb:like:layout="button_count"></a>
<a class="addthis_button_tweet"></a>
<a class="addthis_counter addthis_pill_style"></a>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">var addthis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true};</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#pubid=diegoaznar"></script>
<!-- AddThis Button END -->

You have to go to k2>category>preferences and look for the fields "Social network button code" and place it there I have added a screenshot.
Make sure that in the article visualization options you have selected Show "link social network like addthis /share this" (screeshot 2)

This way you get the button in all the articles, if you want only in one article you can place the code in the article html editor.

If you can't undestand my awfull english tell me and i'll try to explain it better.

And now i have another question. Is it possible that the extra fields (blue circle in my screeshot 3) looks exactly like the fields in the red circle? Thanks again
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:01 am
Thanks for the Info, I will give it a try.

I am not sure what you mean about the blue and red circle in thr image? Could you try to explain that again?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:09 am
OK if you have problems tell me and i'll try to explain it better with some kind of screencast or something like this.

I would like that the extra fields that i have created in k2 ("fuente" "mas info" "Autor" "redes" that you can see in the blue circle) looks like the fields "Publicado en" "Etiquetado en" "compartir en redes sociales" (red circle). I would like that they have same font, size, alligment, and separation lines. Maybe this is not possible.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:43 am
Ok To complete this there is a few things you must change.. It would probably be a lot easier if I could just send you a new updated k2.css file to replace with yours. If this is good with you then let me know and I will help you out.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:50 am
Please locate /templates/gk_penguinmail/css/k2.css and send me k2.css to [email protected] I will make changed for you and send back.
Gold Boarder