Color in Side Areas

Business template for Joomla 3 and 2.5 ideal to create blog or personal website.
GK User
Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:36 pm
Nice Template - quick question... I want to change the color from white to something else on the side "panels" /margin areas/borders on this page... when I go into the template.css to change the background in some of the wrappers or gkpage, etc... it changes the background for the entire page... ie. where the text is too... I want just the left and right "margins" to be something other than white... but all the module positions, content area, etc. to remain white... it looks like the coding doesnt have a separate wrapper for that... any ideas? thanks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 pm
Hi

Please describe me this request a little better. Please show what You have in mind on screenshot and tell me Your site's name.

GK User
Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:56 pm
Its not an issue... just look at your demo... the sides... the white areas in the background... like on any of your demo pages... attached is what I am talking about... I shaded them in black... I would like the black areas... ie. the background sides to be a specific color... I tried to change the CSS and the color was changed for the entire page... ie. even the content area.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:59 pm
Hi

In this case I think You should use an image with only sides colored and display it under Your site or add a new layer and close the whole site with it. Let say this layer cover only 1000px with white background and the previous background color will be visible on sides than.

GK User
Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:42 pm
that was what my default solution was going to be as it doesnt look like they made an enclosed wrapper to separate the sides from everything else.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:43 pm
Hi

You can add this wrapper Yourself in /layouts/default.php file.