Bugs on Template Options - Joomla 3.0

Premium sports magazine Joomla template with clean, easy to customize and unique design.
GK User
Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Hello

I just installed League News Template and tried to change some options on the 'Template Options'. It seems I found a bug in this template, here's the screenshot BEFORE I change anything on the template:

(can't see the image? Here's the link: http://postimg.org/image/kt29wb8g9/ )

and here's the screenshot AFTER I changed the logo, template color, disabled font size, CSS compression, prefixfree, and javascript compression.

(Can't see the image? Here's the link: http://postimg.org/image/n2tsq9uq3/ )

as you can see, the buttons on every options are gone.

Thank you for your support. :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:36 am
Hi

I think I know what can this be. Please update template and joomla to the latest version than clear cache and see if this is still happening.

GK User
Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:28 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

I think I know what can this be. Please update template and joomla to the latest version than clear cache and see if this is still happening.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

1. I'm using latest Joomla 3.0.3
2. I'm also using the latest League News Template, said here that my template is up to date.
3. Cleared the cache, also in my browser, to make sure everything is clean.
4. Disabled the system and gk cache.
5. I've loaded the default configuration and then change the logo, color, etc just like above.

...and here's what happened:

nothing change.
If you would like to know more, I'll give you my administrator account to see for yourself what's going on.

Thank you.. :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:34 pm
Hi

Yes, please send me an access to joomla panel. I've installed it on my computer and do not have the issue You are reporting, so need to look closed into this problem.

GK User
Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:20 pm

Yes, please send me an access to joomla panel. I've installed it on my computer and do not have the issue You are reporting, so need to look closed into this problem.

Hi, teitbite

Just want to remind you that I already sent you an email regarding this bugs.
I hope you received it.
Thank you for your help...
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:04 am
Hi

I have an access but not an url to the site. Can You please send it also ?

GK User
Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:27 pm

I have an access but not an url to the site. Can You please send it also ?

Really? I didn't give it to you...?

Oh... LOL

So embarassing... :oops:

Ok, I'll resend my email...
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:24 am
Hi

Do not worry about that :) It's happening more often than You think.

This is a really odd issue. Are You sure You have not installed a template for Joomla 2.5 ?

I'm sending this to programmers as soon as You confirm. I could have install it myself, but I'm afraid to overwrite changes You may have done.

https://www.gavick.com/download/joomla- ... 30-zip.raw

GK User
Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:49 pm
Hi, teitbite

Yes, I'm absolutely sure I'm using latest Joomla 3.0.3. you got my administrator access right? you can check it out by yourself... I'm using the template's quickstart...

...and don't worry, I haven't done anything to my site, so if you want to tinker with the code that's ok.

Also, I noticed that this problem is only happened on Isis (administrator template). I changed the backend template with another default from Joomla, and they work fine.

I hope you find a solution for this, thank you very much...

P.S: I also used GK Magazine (Joomla 3.0) installed on my other site, and they had no problem like this. Maybe this bug only happened on GK League News template?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:15 pm
Hi

I was asking about template not joomla update :) But nevermind, what You have said just now has pointed me to solution. Anyway I'll have to report that to programmers so they will release a proper fix for all.

teitbite
Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:32 pm
Hi

Programmers asked me to disable magic quotes in server settings. This is a joomla requirement to work properly so this may help automaticaly or give them an ability to make some debug to catch the issue.

GK User
Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:51 am

Programmers asked me to disable magic quotes in server settings. This is a joomla requirement to work properly so this may help automaticaly or give them an ability to make some debug to catch the issue.

Hi, teitbite

I think I've disabled the magic quotes GPC when I'm installing my Joomla site by creating a 'php.ini' file containing these lines:

display_errors = off
safe_mode = off
magic_quotes_gpc = off

and then uploaded that 'php.ini' file into /public_html/installation/

or you know something that I don't know?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:01 pm
Hi

I'm not sure this will work, but I'm not a server administrator, so cannot be 100% sure. PHP info is still showing that it's ON, so I think You need to search for a main php.ini file. I was thinking it can be override, but according to this instruction it cannot: http://php.net/manual/en/security.magic ... abling.php

GK User
Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:52 am

I'm not sure this will work, but I'm not a server administrator, so cannot be 100% sure. PHP info is still showing that it's ON, so I think You need to search for a main php.ini file. I was thinking it can be override, but according to this instruction it cannot: http://php.net/manual/en/security.magic ... abling.php

Hi, teitbite

I've already sent a ticket support to my hosting provider asking about this Magic Quotes problem
Hopefully they know something about this.
I'll tell you more as soon as I got their reply.
If neither of us found a solution for this, maybe I'll ask my client to change their template with another from Gavick, LOL :lol:
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:49 am
Hi, teitbite

I've asked my hosting provider and they gave the same answer as you did, I think this problem might be on Joomla itself. I've googled this problem and on Joomla forum it seems that Magic Quote is the original problem on Joomla 3.0 itself.

As the problem for the template I'll ask my client to choose another one, but I really really hope that you fix this template problem in the future.

Thank you very much for your help.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:52 pm
Hi

I'm not sure if changing template will help since all our templates are build on the same framework, so configuration is the same always. Can't You just ask Your host provider to disable magic quotes for You ? I think not all hosting allow users an access to php.ini, so maybe that's the case.

GK User
Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:16 am

I'm not sure if changing template will help since all our templates are build on the same framework, so configuration is the same always. Can't You just ask Your host provider to disable magic quotes for You ? I think not all hosting allow users an access to php.ini, so maybe that's the case.

Hi, teitbite, thanks a lot for your reply :)

Well, they said that the configuration is global so the only way to change them by using 'php.ini' file and I already tried several folders to place that file containing these scripts:

magic_quotes_gpc = Off
magic_quotes_runtime = Off
magic_quotes_sybase = Off

and still nothing happened. :(

For the template itself, I told you I also installed GK Magazine (Joomla 3.0) template on my other site and they work fine, no trouble with the buttons from 'Template Options', so I think there must be something with this template. Maybe I should stick with the Joomla 2.5. :?:

What do you think?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:41 am
Hi

Sorry, but I really do not know what's going on. Can You please tell me the new password to the joomla panel ? I wanted to take a second look. Maybe I've missed something.

GK User
Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Sorry, but I really do not know what's going on. Can You please tell me the new password to the joomla panel ? I wanted to take a second look. Maybe I've missed something.

Hi, teitbite

Ok, I've already sent you the new login information

Thank you very much for your help... :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:46 pm
Hi

I got the new access. I can see magic quotes are still ON. Can You please paste exactly what Your host provider said when You've asked to disable it for You ? If it's some kind of an instruction, than maybe I'll be able to figure out how to disable it.

GK User
Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:57 pm

I got the new access. I can see magic quotes are still ON. Can You please paste exactly what Your host provider said when You've asked to disable it for You ? If it's some kind of an instruction, than maybe I'll be able to figure out how to disable it.

Hi, teitbite

Yes, I know the magic quotes is still ON.
What my hosting provider said is I need to upload a php.ini file containing these :

magic_quotes_gpc = Off
magic_quotes_runtime = Off
magic_quotes_sybase = Off

...into a corresponding folder. I tried to put it into '/html_public/administrator/' and '/html_public/templates/gk_league_news/' but nothing happened.

and then they said I need to try again on the other folders but I don't know which one I should upload that php.ini file.

Do you have any idea about this?

Thank you very much :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:41 am
Hi

If any than I think the only option is to put it in the root folder of this domain. I've seen servers configured like that, but in most cases php.ini is not reachable for users at all, so I'm afraid You will have to ask for a directions where exactly at Your hosting support.

GK User
Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:03 pm

If any than I think the only option is to put it in the root folder of this domain. I've seen servers configured like that, but in most cases php.ini is not reachable for users at all, so I'm afraid You will have to ask for a directions where exactly at Your hosting support.

Hi, teitbite

I'm sorry, but it seems either you or my hosting can't find a solution for this. You ask me to turn off the magic quotes GPC, but the solution my hosting provider gave to me isn't working at all. I put the php.ini file into my root folder (like you aske me) but nothing happened on the template. :(

To me I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the magic quotes because I hosted 3 domains on my hosting. They used GK Templates, all of them, and the only one that has the problem is only this one. :(

I also ask my hosting provider about this problem, but they can't help me either because they said the problem might be on the template itself.

I must apologize to you, but I think I'm going to use the Joomla 2.5 version instead.

I'm really appreciate your help and of course you did a great job on helping me.

Thank you very much, teitbite :D
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:51 am
Hi

This is exactly what programmers answered to me:

Joomla! 3.0 will not properly with magic quotes off, client should use J!2.5 in this case.

and as far as I know server administrator got an access to all PHP settings, so Your host provider should be able to disable them for You.

GK User
Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:31 am
Hi I am getting Magic Quotes GPC Off error with League News during the gk_league_news_quickstart_J!3.zip installation process. Can any body help me? Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:38 pm
Hi

Joomla 3 requires Magic Quotes to be disable in order to work. Please set this in php.ini file or ask Your host provider to do this for You.