Frontpage is White when ImageShow is Published

Free Joomla module to create slideshow on your website which includes different data like part of articles or text defined by user.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:42 pm
URL: http://sebrcalendar.org/joomla25

Error: Strict Standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in /home1/apesays/public_html/sebrcalendar_org/joomla25/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 512

I narrowed down the issue to Image Show by unpublishing all of the modules and republishing them one at a time.

I tried recreating the module, updating the module to the latest version, updating joomla... seemingly everything, but I cannot seem to get the module to work for me.

Whenever the module is published, the frontpage goes white. I turned on error reporting and get the error posted above, not sure if related.

I would love to use this module, if possible. ;)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:46 pm
Strict Standard can't cause the website blank but please try firstly to configure you server according to Joomla! requirements so disable display_errors option in PHP configuration. For more details please look at this documentation page » How to fix Strict Standards: Non-static method… – GavickPro Documentation
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:15 pm
Okay I did that and the error is gone, but the webpage is still blank. How do I fix that?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:17 pm
Hmm… please ask your hosting whether GD library is available on your server. Could you also paste here screenshot with 'Configuration check' tab in News Show Pro GK5 configuration? This extension may check whether GD library is available or not and it is required by your extensions.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:05 pm
Here is a screenshot from Joomla stating that GD is enabled and compatible:

Here is the screen shot from NewsShowPro:

Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:05 am
Do you have access to error logs? If yes please paste here any lines which contains ERROR phrase. if the log is empty could you ask your hosting to provide this details?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:04 pm
It appears I am missing files somehow, this is what the tech support for my hosting said:

James T.:/home1/apesays/public_html/sebrcalendar_org/joomla25/templates/gk_shop_and_buy/html/mod_banners/default.php -- The site is trying to access this file and it's not finding it.

How do I fix that?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:46 pm
Any ideas?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:51 am
The mod_banners is enabled ? Could you provide me access via FTP?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:01 pm
bkrztuk wrote:The mod_banners is enabled ? Could you provide me access via FTP?

Definitely, I will PM you access details.

Thank you.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:04 pm
PM has been sent.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:41 pm
Hi, just checking in on this issue.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:19 am
Let's move discussion to one place - I've answered you via PM, did you get my message?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:02 pm
I've reinstalled the extension and looks like problem is fixes, please check your website and let me know.
Platinum Boarder