Multiple Countdowns

Best WordPress theme for festivals or other events with responsive, clean and unique design.
GK User
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:41 am
Hi there, I also have a small problem with the FEST them website that I've come to you before about.

I need to somehow customise the countdown so that it can display 'two' separate countdowns which are smaller in size and on the same page together. Different ending times with there unique event titles, along with a different background... smaller sizes of course, as Ive tried the two countdowns presently using two text widgets, but they are far too large and show the same background image!

Can you please provide me the correct code and know how please? Is it even possible??? Thanks again.

PS this is to be both displayed just on the main homepage. (2 separate small size countdowns with customisable backgrounds) See website to see the main countdown presently on there.

www.ourgom.com.com

www.ourgom.com/wp-login.php

User: ourgom
Pass: Spiritual88

Nick Barrett
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:36 pm
Hi,

Yes, it's possible, you have to add the same text widget (with other countdown settings), then you have to use other CSS class in widget rules (custom css class e.g. countdown2 for your second widget).

Then you can use another background for the second widget:
Code: Select all
.countdown2 .gk-animation .gka-bg {
background: transparent url('../images/your_second_image.png') no-repeat center center;
}

GK User
Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:34 pm
Thanks for that! I am trying to also gather all speakers in a sort of drop down menu for easy viewing (obviously attached to there dedicated page info) But I just don't see how to do this exactly?? I saw that on www.ourgom.com/catorgories/speakers , I see that they are all displayed on one page as their circles.. This would be a great solution for me, only the tiles are all displayed wrongly, please look and see what I mean. Is there a way to straiten these ?? If not this solution, can you advise me how I would have a dedicated area to see all speakers easily so that the viewer can click correctly and view info about that particular speaker. Many thanks. Can you also please send your reply to my email? The clients email address gets lost I don't know when you've replied, hence why I asked before sorry. You can email me here: [email protected] Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:28 am
So you want to display your speakers in this way? http://www.gavick.com/demo/wordpress/fest/?cat=87
It's default category page with the speakers..

GK User
Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:37 pm
Yes thats fine! I like the way they are displayed. How do I do this? The speakers size icons are different on mine, what dimensions are yours exactly so I can display it perfectly? How do I create this speaker page step by step?????

Thanks Piotr!

Nick
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:25 am
It's default speakers page, you should create new spekaer (add them into speakers category) and that's all. Dimensions of the featured images should be the same (width and height - the image should be a square).