News Show Pro GK4 - blank screen - php-gd

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:57 pm
Report this post
Dear Gavick,

Your BikeStore template makes use of the module "News Show Pro GK4".

This module depends on php-gd.

Is there any particular reason why this dependency is not listed on the module's reference page - https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... -pro-gk4-2 ?

If the dependency is not installed, we will only get a blank screen (right after the initial install of the quickstart package) and surprisingly enough, no error message in the logs whatsoever.

I was quite surprised to find the error suppression operator (@) used in the module's code (gk.thumbs.php). For example @imagecreatefrompng, @imagecreatefromgif etc. I am sure you're aware this is way below the quality your customers would expect and it should be addressed by applying proper exception handling.

Dear Gavick, you never cease to surprise me.

Regards,
Stepan
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:11 am
Report this post
Hi

NSP GK4 is a dropped project, still used with older templates where it was our only solution. Please use NSP GK5 instead.