How to show Intro text on homepage articles?

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:39 pm
Report this post
Hi

First of all great template. Trying to customize it and I wonder how to show Intro text below title on homepage articles?

Regards

Kamil
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:06 pm
Report this post
You have to enable showing text on the News Show Pro module instances enabled for the mainbody position. It is available in the "article layout" part of the module configuration.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:50 pm
Report this post
Thank you Dziudek for advise. Sorry for my stupid questions but I'm just started my trip with Gavick so didn't realise yet how it really works and still learning powerfull functions which Gavern Framework offer. Every day I'm starting to believe after my few years experience with Gavick competition that your team offers one of the best extensions and templates for Joomla. Maybe not everything is easy to understand at the beginning but it's worth spending time to learn how to use it. I would be grateful for your team help and patience in the future.

Regards

Kamil
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:05 pm
Report this post
No problem ;) I really understand that some things easy for our team isn't easy for novice users ;)
Administrator

GK User
Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:06 am
Report this post
dziudek wrote:You have to enable showing text on the News Show Pro module instances enabled for the mainbody position. It is available in the "article layout" part of the module configuration.

Another novice user here. I didn't fully understand the instructions. In the 'Mainbody module' under 'article layout' I see this;
gk1.png

As you can see, there is already a value of 30 words set in the 'text limit' field. Is this what you were referring to?

However, most of the articles contained in the QuickStart installation reside in the sidebar position. One of these, as an example, is set as follows under 'article layout';
gk2.png

This has a value of 70 characters set in the 'text limit' field but still no intro text.

Am I missing something really simple?

Many thanks,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:06 am
Report this post
Got it. I had to switch on 'Text order' lower down in the options. I think the sub-heading of 'Article layout' within the category of the same name was confusing . . .

:blush:
Fresh Boarder