Desktop Vs. Mobile Menu

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:30 pm
Report this post
Hello (novice user here)

I am confused about the Main Menu vs. Mobile Menu. When trying to to dissect the template w/ sample data. I have looked at my android mobile and noticed that the Menu being shown is the same as the desktop menu and the layout on the phone is the same as the desktop layout.

I am fine with this as it creates less confusion for a novice like myself; however, can you explain to me the reasoning and use of the mobile menu ?

Do I need a mobile menu ? can I delete it or disable it ?

Thanks for you help and assistance
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:28 pm
Report this post
Hi

Mobile menu is just an option which can be shown when mobile view is decected, but it's totaly not neccessary when You are using a responsive template as Fashion, so do not worry You can delete that, but remember to choose a remaining menu in template settings for mobile template.

GK User
Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:35 pm
Report this post
Thanks Teibite,

I understand, thanks.

A few questions just for my information.

1) When/how is mobile view detected ? Is that done by the phone/tablet itself ?

2) What you are saying is that Fashion template will work fine with regular menu even if mobile template is detected, correct ?

3) When referring to the template settings, are you referring to the Template manager ? I went into the gk_fashion template but did not see where you were referring to make sure that I chose a remaining Menu for mobile template, can you please direct me to that ? Is template settings different than template manager ?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:51 am
Report this post
Hi

1. It's detected by our script by browser attributes. In some cases by screen width.

2. Fashion template is a responsive template. So it doeasn't need separated mobile version because it fits itself to the device it's need opened with. So Yes You can use only one menu for all.

3. Sorry. It's probably my mistake. Responsive templates do not have a designed mobile versions so it was probably removed from template manager (template settings). Than do not worry about that.

GK User
Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:53 pm
Report this post
Thanks for your response time and assistance.

Looking forward to many designs with you guys.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:37 am
Report this post
Hi

No problem. Glad I could help.