JomSocial Blank Popups

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:09 pm
Report this post
Anyone else get blank popup windows in JomSocial when editing avatars or info, etc with this template?

JomSocial are trying to palm the problem off on Javascript 1.7 conflict, but I'm not buying that.

I've tried a fresh install of the Fashion Quickstart template and JomSocial with nothing else, so it's either a problem with the template or JomSocial.

Given no one else has reported the issue, I'm leaning towards JomSocial being the issue.

Any help or advice most appreciated!

http://trethorne.com/
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:44 am
Report this post
Hi

Please guide me what to do to see this issue on Your site.

GK User
Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:16 pm
Report this post
You have to be registered / logged in on JonSocial, then try to change your avatar or something.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:43 am
Report this post
Hi

Ok. Please send me some dummy user access.

GK User
Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:54 am
Report this post
Email sent.

Thanks.

:)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:28 pm
Report this post
Hi

I've just checked it, but looks like joomsocial component is not generating any content for popups in this case, so if it's not a bug with joomsocial than it has to be a javascript conflict. Please check if this popups are visible when using a default joomla template. Also try unpublish all extention to exclude a conflict with its javascripts. Finally when above fail ask on joomsocial foum, because this would means that's the conflict with worldwide known script for responsive behaviour.

GK User
Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:31 pm
Report this post
Well, well, this is weird...

I managed to fix this problem by removing the /plugins/components/ directory. Even if the directory has nothing but the index.html file in it, the popups stop working.

Remove the above directory and they start popping up perfectly.

For the record, the plugins/components/ directory had the following subdirectories:

com_banners
    com_contact
    com_content
    com_finder
    com_mailto
    com_media
    com_newsfeeds
    com_search
    com_users
    com_weblinks
    com_wrapper

To confirm, even if I remove all of the above, the popups in JomSocial are still broken. Only by removing the plugins/components/ directory with the above subdirectories does it fix the problem.

Baffled? I sure am!

:shock:
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:59 pm
Report this post
Hi

I'm in shock too. I do not even have such in my joomsocial installation. Is it from some 3rd party plugin ?