Adjust menu width?

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:24 pm
Report this post
When I view my site in a reasonable resolution the menu and logo look like this:

And in 1024 x 768, which is what my client is using, it looks like this:

My question is, how do I change the default width so the menu does not collapse / shrink at that resolution?

Many thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:54 pm
Report this post
The only way is to decrease spaces between menu items, to adjust the value please use this value :

Code: Select all
.gkMenu > ul > li {margin: 0 6px}
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:03 pm
Report this post
Thanks Bkrztuk, but that just decreases the width of the menu overall. It still stays below the logo instead of beside the logo.

bkrztuk wrote:The only way is to decrease spaces between menu items, to adjust the value please use this value :

.gkMenu > ul > li {margin: 0 6px}
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:00 am
Report this post
There is no way to decrease the margin only in resolution - you can delete one of the menu items or change margin to decrease width for menu.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:36 pm
Report this post
Even with one single item in the menu it still drops down below the logo.

I suspect this has something to do with either the 'responsive' code or the 'tablet' width. Either way it's a serious problem that I'm sure others will have.

bkrztuk wrote:There is no way to decrease the margin only in resolution - you can delete one of the menu items or change margin to decrease width for menu.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:23 am
Report this post
Please try to add to tablet.css at the end of file this line :

#gkMainMenu {clear: none !important}
Platinum Boarder