url problem

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon May 20, 2013 3:09 pm
Report this post
I wish some1 could solve the url problem like http://bsmx.in/index.php/movies/2012-09 ... e-new-year , wanted to remove the date.

http://bsmx.in/index.php/movies/nautank ... aashiqui-2 wanted to remove nautanki saala from url
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon May 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Report this post

GK User
Tue May 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Report this post
this doesn't work i have already tried. I wanted to know from where can i modify the url(from coding) accordingly ???
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 am
Report this post
Hi

This alias may have been set in couple of places. Please send me an access to joomla panel so I'll check.

teitbite
Wed May 22, 2013 9:46 am
Report this post
Hi

I found an access to Your site is one of previous mails. But looks like there is some problem with joomla administrator panel. I would recommend to reinstall it. Than I'll be able to see the alias problem.

GK User
Wed May 22, 2013 12:58 pm
Report this post
Dear,
Can u plz explain me how to changge the url via php code or which page needs to be modified through FTP .. there is some problem with administrator. CAN U PROVIDE hINT please ...
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed May 22, 2013 6:18 pm
Report this post
Sorry, but without administrator access we are not able to help You.

teitbite
Wed May 22, 2013 10:45 pm
Report this post
Hi

Try overwrite whole administrator folder once more (keep the old one as backup). This may fix administrator panel.

You do not need to hack php code to make correct url. I believe it's just an alias in category or menu item. Or even simplier, this may be because menu was not rebuild after changes (one button click in menu options).

GK User
Thu May 30, 2013 8:48 am
Report this post
Issue is fixed as I have suggested in other topic as well external url types have alias's which is hidden when External url menu type is selected.

Simply selecting another menu type reveals alias's user wanted to change.

Date in url changed to "upcoming".
Second one changed to "in-cinemas".

Please in future topics try to do what moderators suggests so this doesn't slow fixing issues with your website as well as in other users websites as three moderator is working on this topic alone :)

See you around...
Platinum Boarder