shift text down in image show GK4

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:57 am
Report this post
Hello, I'd like to shift the text in the slide show for Image Show GK4 as shown in the picture.

I'd be grateful for any pointers. I've tried everything, but I've been unsuccessful.

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:05 am
Report this post
Hi,
please try add to override.css
Code: Select all
.gkIsWrapper-gk_startup .gkIsText.active {
    top: 115px;
}

and increase this value to fit your needs. Remember to enable override.css option in template settings.

GK User
Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:22 pm
Report this post
Thank you Konrad. I ended up going to 280, but that may've been down to trying to make my text legible. Others will no doubt choose fewer pixels.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:52 am
Report this post
Thank you.

Would anyone be help me put a bit of a transparent film behind the text to make it better legible? Thank you. I assume this would be something to put into the module suffix?
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:38 am
Report this post
Can you explain what exactly you want to achieve or show on some screen. And please give us url to your wesite.

GK User
Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:48 pm
Report this post
Thank you. Please find a sample picture attached, from another of your templates.

I have sent by PM the url to the website. Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:01 am
Report this post
Hey hello.
I've got here so far.
half-done.jpg

I made a few changes to this block in style.css from the gk_startup folder in the styles folder of the mod_image_show_gk4.

.gkIsWrapper-gk_startup .gkIsText p {
   display: block;
   color: #fff;
   font-size: 34px;
   font-weight: 400;
   line-height: 40px;
   opacity: 0.40;
   background: #000000;   
   margin: 5px 0 40px 0;
   text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);
   -webkit-transform: translateZ(0)!important;

The lines changed are

font-weight: 400;
up from 300

and inserted anew

background: #000000;

then reduced the opacity to 0.40.

I'd also like to mess around with fonts to ensure I get something that's properly legible.

----

I'd like help with restricting the transparency so it doesn't come as far down as btn1 and btn2, i.e the purple bar. It really would be best to have the transparency end at the red line in the graphic. Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:07 am
Report this post
Can you send me access to your backend ? I think you will have to add some extra div to wrap those buttons. And then style this div. But without access to backend I can't edit slide.

GK User
Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:04 am
Report this post
Thank you, I've sent you a PM.
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:25 am
Report this post
I added one span and code to override.css. Please remove background and opacity from Image Show css file where. Then you will see result of my changes.

GK User
Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:26 pm
Report this post
Thank you! It worked very well. I'm so pleased.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:49 am
Report this post
Hello, that's is what I would like to achieve with my text. Can you please post the final code that you used please?

Regards
Drew

Konrad M wrote:I added one span and code to override.css. Please remove background and opacity from Image Show css file where. Then you will see result of my changes.
Gold Boarder