Getting rid of the Sign In -- Menu

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:30 am
Report this post
First, I'm new to gavick. I Love your designs (I'm updating my sites to Joomla 3.2 with your templates).

Maybe I'm too tired, but I can't find out how to disable the 'SIGN IN' -- I don't see it - Menu , or module?

Many thanks for your help!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:54 am
Report this post
P.S

How do I replace the image of the guy with the shows?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:07 pm
Report this post
Anyone? Any help?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:51 pm
Report this post
Really? Anybody? Anyone?

My site needs to go live tomorrow, thursday (1/30/14) and I'm stuck.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:49 pm
Report this post
Hi David,

I am afraid that my knowledge of Joomla! is rather lacking compared to my colleagues, but I've been playing with Startup and I may be able to point you in the right direction, should my colleagues have not already provided assistance:

1. You may remove the 'Sign In' button in the template options; from the Joomla! Admin Panel navigate to Template Manager>gk_startup>Features and disable the 'Register Link' option.

2. A quick way to change the background image is to replace the image files directly with your preferred images; note that there are 3 different images at varying sizes to meet the needs of a responsive layout, so please do try to ensure that you maintain this ratio to ensure that the image scales correctly when viewed on tablet/mobile screens.

The files that you should replace with your own images are located in the templates/gk_startup/images folder of your Joomla! installation, and the file names are as follows:

header_bg.jpg
header_bg_mobile.jpg
header_bg_tablet.jpg

Obviously the suffixes refer to the screen size that the particular image will appear on i.e. header_bg_mobile.jpg will appear when the site is viewed on a mobile screen. I am sure that my colleagues will be able to provide a more effective, less 'dirty' fix, but I hope that this will suffice in the meantime.

GK User
Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:58 pm
Report this post
Thanks. Now i see the header file/s. I renamed it, uploaded new one, and it is working! many Thanks.

I have other issues that I posted, but I think this is somehow related to the maindomain/subdomain and the server (I'm not on shared hosting).

Now that I changed the main picture, I'll ask the hosting company to switch the subdomain to main -- and if the problem is there, I'll post here (https://www.gavick.com/forums/startup-j ... 32790.html)

Many thanks.
Junior Boarder