Assigning articles to TWO categories at once

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:37 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi guys!

I am having a question. Is it possible to assign one article (either submitted via K2 or Joomla Engine) to two categories? Let's say, I want to publish an article which is supposed to be devoted to Persona 1, Persona 2 or Persona 3, besides it has a Topic (which can be any topic or category like Sports, Entertainment and etc).

Let's say, Persona 1 likes Entertainment and Sports, and he doesn't really want to have that journey via Sports and Entertainment in the menu, but wants to use those News Categories (where we can put instead of categories the Personas) and click the Persona and get the whole bulk of news for Sports and Entertainment.

How can I do that?

Please see the attachment - I have outlined the area where I want to put personas (with arrow) and I want each persona combine several categories, or even be able to be assigned when the Article is published. Like choosing two categories at once.
a
Please help me, thanks!
User avatar
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:57 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi

There is a plugin for K2 system to attache one article to multiple categories, but I've fount tags much more useful to manage such actions. basically You just need to replace a category views with tags views and attach tags to articles rather than articles to categories :)
User avatar
Moderator

GK User
Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:32 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

There is a plugin for K2 system to attache one article to multiple categories, but I've fount tags much more useful to manage such actions. basically You just need to replace a category views with tags views and attach tags to articles rather than articles to categories :)


Hi mate,

I remember you helped me out the very first time I have asked for help here :) Cheers a lot! You delivered a nice suggestion, but I would still go with the categories, as they seem to be more "solid" to do this simple operation. In WordPress it's simple, in Joomla is more sophisticated.

What is the plugin name required for K2 bud?
User avatar
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:28 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi

Sure, tags are easy to make mistake with :) Here is a link to the plugin I've been using: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ions/22204
User avatar
Moderator

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:06 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

Sure, tags are easy to make mistake with :) Here is a link to the plugin I've been using: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ions/22204


Hi! Thanks! This will probably help. I am having some issues with the plugin though, hope the developed will help me to resolve them. I have managed with the SQL error, now it does show an empty blank page when I click on it in the backend menu :)
User avatar
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:42 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi

Wow sounds not really good :( I had no problems using it but it was some time ago, so I believe a lot was changed in this plugin. Anyway You can always try tags solution. No extra plugins needed.
User avatar
Moderator


cron