1st hide login icon and 2nd setup RSS

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:54 am
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi everybody,
Happy New Year and all the best for you and your families.

In my site, I would like to do 2 things and I ask for your help:
1st. Is it possible to hide the login icon from the top right of the site?
2st. I'd like if someone click on the RSS icon (on the right of login icon) to be able to get the news (via RSS) from all categories from K2 articles.
Thank you in advance.

Nikolas
User avatar
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:35 am
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi, thanks

ad 2) By default K2 don't have such a feature, it can generate RSS only from each category. So you have to install RSS component which have it, I know that you will find at least two on JED which can do that.
Check here: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... -syndicate
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:40 am
Reply with quote
Report this post
ad 1) All you have to do is disable module Login - placed on "login" position ;)
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:07 am
Reply with quote
Report this post
Thank you very much Pawel!
User avatar
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:16 am
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi Pawel,

I try to generate RSS only from one K2 category but nothing happen!
I see no RSS.
I have enable RSS on each category and from K2 parameters but I do not get any RSS.
Please advice.

Nikolas
==========================================

Pawel F wrote:Hi, thanks

ad 2) By default K2 don't have such a feature, it can generate RSS only from each category. So you have to install RSS component which have it, I know that you will find at least two on JED which can do that.
Check here: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... -syndicate
User avatar
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:14 am
Reply with quote
Report this post
All K2 listing pages can provide a feed by applying ?format=feed to the page URL of k2 category.
For example www.aaaaa.com/my-top-10/top-10?format=feed.

if you will get any errors - disable gk_opengraph plugin.

p.s.
But if you do want to manage all K2 RSS Feed in one place, you can take a look at obRSS extension.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:15 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Good Morning Pawel F.

I get the RSS page. The problem is that I have at least 10 new articles in every category and in the right column, of RSS page I get "Displaying 0 / 0" and "All 0" . It seems that RSS not working!

P.S
I take a look at obRSS but it is not free and I do not know if working with my site, because as I explain the main problem is, that I do not get RSS from new K2 articles (from one category).
Thank you for helping me.

Nikolas
User avatar
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:13 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hard to say, please search answer on K2 forum, maybe they will know why.
As you may know K2 is not our product, but we try to help as we can - but sometimes we can not.

p.s.
I don't use K2 on J3.2 - because right now - articles under j3.2 they have almost this same features like K2 items in most cases, except of course Custom fields.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:19 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Commercial RSS generator - I know they cost few dollars, but they are useful - if you are sure they you want to have RSS channel.

I don't suggest to use RSS, because they are stolen by many sites - "automatic SEO websites" which grabs its content for such a websites.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:41 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
The problem exists.
I post another 20 articles today and I do not get RSS from any category.
Please help.

Nikolas
User avatar
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:14 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
1) If this problem is also under default template ?
2) If yes, Send me access to back-end + url (PM) I will check tomorrow
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:41 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi Pawel,
PM send.
Thank you for helping me!

Nikolas
User avatar
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:59 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
sorry for delay,
All works fine, you added in wrong place -- must be : maximos.gr/telikosite/sti-vouli/erwtiseis?format=feed
...as you see without ".html" at the end on category url name.

- now you can use your rss, if you are sure about that.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:00 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
You are the best!
Thank you very much!
Have a nice day.

Nikolas
User avatar
Senior Boarder


cron