The color code in the main menu

GK User
Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 pm
Hello,

Does anyone knows the color code for the blue in the main menu when you hove over each item?

Template:http://demo.gavick.com/joomla16/sep2011/

Thank you.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:46 am
Hi it is #689FD8. Try install firebug it is extension for mozilla. Very helpfull tool to check things like you request.
User avatar

GK User
Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:44 pm
Konrad M wrote:Hi it is #689FD8. Try install firebug it is extension for mozilla. Very helpfull tool to check things like you request.



:D Thank you.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:52 am
leaseline1 wrote:
Konrad M wrote:Hi it is #689FD8. Try install firebug it is extension for mozilla. Very helpfull tool to check things like you request.



:D Thank you.



kONRAD, I had a quick question? what would be a very good complimentary background color to with this menu color code.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:00 am
Hard to tell :) Maybe black ?
User avatar

GK User
Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:08 pm
Konrad M wrote:Hard to tell :) Maybe black ?



I will try that and thanks again. :D
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:29 pm
Try use photoshop to feet correct color ;)
User avatar

GK User
Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:18 am
Konrad M wrote:Try use photoshop to feet correct color ;)


Helllo,

I wanted to get my social logos/icons thats in the User 1 positon to the login/register position in the userarea module location, see site:http://startofanewday.org/
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:39 am
The easest way to do it is add new position between logo and login/register. Read this https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... -position/
User avatar

GK User
Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm
Konrad M wrote:The easest way to do it is add new position between logo and login/register. Read this https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... -position/



Thanks I will try this and let you know how it works, also in the end of the document link you sent it mentions to adjust the CSS code how and where would I do this?
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:31 pm
All css changes I advise add to override.css becasue this is file which you will never have to override during template update.
User avatar

GK User
Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:27 pm
Konrad M wrote:All css changes I advise add to override.css becasue this is file which you will never have to override during template update.


My brother Konrad, I managed to create a new module position however I can't get it to show up when I select it from the module manager. What do I need to do to make it show up when selected. :D
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:45 pm
Did you add your new module to template file ?
User avatar

GK User
Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:26 pm
Konrad M wrote:Did you add your new module to template file ?



The issue was I didnt know where to go to add it too the template file, the instructions where not very clean. Help me understand. :shock:
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:29 pm
In template folder you have layouts folder. Inside there you will find blocks folder and default.php file. Default.php is a default layout file. This file include blocks located in blocks folder logo,menu,main etc.
You can add code of your module inside default.php or inside one of this blocks.
User avatar

GK User
Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:37 pm
Konrad M wrote:In template folder you have layouts folder. Inside there you will find blocks folder and default.php file. Default.php is a default layout file. This file include blocks located in blocks folder logo,menu,main etc.
You can add code of your module inside default.php or inside one of this blocks.


I did that however after it didnt show up, should I create the "myposition" module as a php then add it too these areas? :?:
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:59 pm
No. Send me PM with file where you added your position module.
User avatar

GK User
Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:22 pm
Konrad M wrote:No. Send me PM with file where you added your position module.


:D I figured it out, thanks a million you guys are the best.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:39 pm
Great :)
User avatar

GK User
Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:17 pm
Konrad M wrote:Great :)


Konrad,

How do I change the color of the font in the footer and copyright area so that it show up as white, see screen shot.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:28 pm
Can you give me url to your site ?
User avatar

GK User
Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:43 pm
Konrad M wrote:Can you give me url to your site ?


Here is the url:http://ejcsda.com/
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:46 pm
Just try add to override.css
Code: Select all
#gkCopyrights span {
    color: #FFF;
    text-shadow: none;
}
User avatar

GK User
Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:49 pm
Konrad M wrote:Just try add to override.css
Code: Select all
#gkCopyrights span {
    color: #FFF;
    text-shadow: none;
}

Do I add this to the override in the template manager or the css folder.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:51 pm
In to override.css file.
User avatar

GK User
Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:52 pm
Konrad M wrote:In to override.css file.



Ok thanks.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:18 pm
leaseline1 wrote:
Konrad M wrote:In to override.css file.



Ok thanks.



Oh how do I also get the same changes in the footer_nav ?

The code you sent works and thanks, I just want to do the same changes in the footer_nav position of the same url/site
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:23 pm
Change erlier code to this one
Code: Select all
#gkFooterWrap a,
#gkCopyrights span {
    color: #FFF;
    text-shadow: none;
}

User avatar

GK User
Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:27 pm
Konrad M wrote:Change erlier code to this one
Code: Select all
#gkFooterWrap a,
#gkCopyrights span {
    color: #FFF;
    text-shadow: none;
}



:D Thank you , it worked. You guys are awesome.......... :woohoo:
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:29 pm
Great. I'm glad it works.
User avatar

GK User
Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:11 am
Konrad M wrote:Great. I'm glad it works.


Konrad,

I wanted to know how to round the edges of the top and bottom of the site, see attachment of the "boutigue template"
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:31 pm
Try add to override.css
Code: Select all
#gkPage {
-moz-border-radius: 10px;
border-radius: 10px;
}
User avatar

GK User
Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:09 pm
Konrad M wrote:Try add to override.css
Code: Select all
#gkPage {
-moz-border-radius: 10px;
border-radius: 10px;
}


Konrad,

The code works for the top half of the site, however I also need to round up the edges in the attached section(the bottom half of the site) see attachment. Thanks :D
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:24 am
Change code to:
Code: Select all
#gkPage,
#gkBottomWrap {
-moz-border-radius: 10px;
border-radius: 10px;
}
User avatar

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:21 pm
Konrad M wrote:Change code to:
Code: Select all
#gkPage,
#gkBottomWrap {
-moz-border-radius: 10px;
border-radius: 10px;
}



Konrad, thank you it worked.... :D
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:16 pm
Good to hear. If you want more radius just increase value.
User avatar

GK User
Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:24 am
Konrad M wrote:Good to hear. If you want more radius just increase value.



Hey Konrad, I have another quick question about how to adjust the "Your Cart" text in the redshop componet menu button(see attachment) I want to change/alter the the text in this box, where do I go to do so? :D
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:42 am
Please see following files and lines.

File : \language\en-GB\en-GB.tpl_gk_boutique.ini
Line 417: TPL_GK_LANG_CART="Your cart"

See you around...
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:49 am
normanUK wrote:Please see following files and lines.

File : \language\en-GB\en-GB.tpl_gk_boutique.ini
Line 417: TPL_GK_LANG_CART="Your cart"

See you around...




Thank you , it worked. :woohoo:
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:15 am
No problem at all.

See you around...
User avatar
Platinum Boarder


cron