Disappointed in CSS Styling of the template's now...

GK User
Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:28 pm
Why are you overlapping a lot of the positions now in the template/s... make's no sense to be doing this. Before you had definite positions for the header (logo), main nav and body... now especially in this template you have eliminated this functionality and quite honestly made it extremely difficult to really customize the template/s. Was this a result of the move to J 1.7 and now 2.5?

Just wondering since I am trying to customize this template and it's going to take me 10x as long to tweak it how I want it... I mean the main nav- is abbreviated and not extending to the left and right margins... I've gotten to the point that I don't even use a logo graphic- placing everything on a background graphic and I can't even do that normally with this template...

Extremely frustrating to say the least...
User avatar
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:47 pm
Since Gavern Framework is released we use the same CSS containers for all templates (of course with small exceptions), template structure is divided to several files to gain cleaner code. What do you mean by overlapping positions ? All templates have exactly the same base module positions, with code defined in the same files this should only make customizing template easier. Templates build on Gavern are different in structure that previous versions created with T3 framework but only because we want to use cleaner CSS code and make them compatible with all browsers. (by all browsers I mean of course most common versions)
User avatar
Platinum Boarder