JS/jQuery issue

GK User
Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:42 pm
Hi,

I've installed Widgetkit into a Boutique with VM and put a slideshow on all pages but it only shows on Virtuemart pages (second option in the main menu called BUTIKEN). I'm getting a [object object] has no such method error... but on the VM pages it works. IS VM adding anything that makes this work? How can I add this on the other pages?

Please have a look here:

http://avisol.designskiss.se/

Thanks for your help!
User avatar
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:26 am
Hi

Unfortynately this is a problem while using jQuery based extentions. If You will encounter a conflict like that there is not many options. You can try use anti-conflict plugin which can help in 50% cases, but with rest You can just look for a different module (mootools based).
User avatar
Moderator

GK User
Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:06 am
Ok, I see...

Could you tell me what extension is loading this: http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jq ... ery.min.js

I've looked but hasnt been able to track it down.
User avatar
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:45 am
Ok, so it must be vrituemart cart that loads http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jq ... ery.min.js but I cant find where to change this....
User avatar
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:59 am
Hi again,

Ok, so I managed to solve this issue. The bug was from multiple jQuery libs being loaded and not a mootools conflict after all.

VirtueMart Cart Module, modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/mod_virtuemart_cart.php, loads jQuery on row 54:
vmJsApi::jQuery();

Commenting this out solves my issue. It would be nice if you could turn jQuery on/off from within the module itself.
User avatar
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:27 am
Hi

I'm glad it's solved :)
User avatar
Moderator


cron