Updating to 2.5 no links work!

GK User
Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 am
Hello,
updating template and site to Joomla 2.5.4 I encounter the same problem just solved in another site, as you see here (by Don Lee):

I don't know how come it's so but by checking the site with Firebug I see that there is a div overlaps the whole site therefore it hides all the links, this div comes from a popup modal box, check my attachment for detail.

If you hide or remove this div, the links will be back, try using this code to add to CSS Override:

Code: Select all
#gkPopupOverlay{
display:none!important;
}


I tried to use the same code but with no effects. Firebug give me the same informations.
Is the override.css file I have to modify?
Sorry for my unexperience...
Thankyou
Roberto
User avatar
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:40 am
Did you update the template to latest version ?
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:06 am
Yes, I've updated template files and rest files (plugins and modules).
I followed the upgrade instructions to overwrite the three listed files only. There is somewhat else I'm missing?
Thankyou
Roberto
User avatar
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:42 am
Could you give me your site URL ?
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:03 pm
Yes, here: http://www.gruppoamizade.it
Thanks!
User avatar
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:36 am
I've compared your styling with demo template and in fact the gkPopUpOverlay has different styles that in our server and this can be caused not updated gk.script.js file in template/js directory, please try to overwrite this /js directory again.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:43 am
Thanks: now it works!!
Just a question: when I'm updating your template I must overwrite only the files indicated on your download page?
Additional Information
For upgrade please overwrite following files :

- language file-
templateDetails.xml
- html/com_virtuemart


Thankyou for all,
Roberto
User avatar
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:45 pm
Yes only mentioned on update description but for sure we advise to overwrite all files especially when you upgrade for example version 2.5 to 2.8.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder


cron