Disable Lazy Load

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:19 am
Report this post
Hi

Where can I disable Lazy Load function on Creativity template?

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:09 am
Report this post
I am sorry but this is not Lazy Load, its a custom animation and to remove it, it would take a lot of customization as css and script is build around this.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:26 pm
Report this post
Hi

Thanks for your reply :)

Still it's very confusing because you land on a page and it's blank until you scroll and only then the boxes load... http://www.stereoscape.com/about-us/our-team

Is there a way to disable the scrolling functionality - so the images load straight away without having to scroll?

Otherwise - can I pay you to do it?

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:02 pm
Report this post
If you mean for News Show PRO module titled "Delivering 3D Solutions" then please try below changes.

File:/modules/mod_news_pro_gk5/portal_mode/portfolio/controller.php
Line: 37
Code:
Code: Select all
echo '<a href="'.$this->get_link($i).'" title="'.strip_tags($this->parent->content[$i]['title']).'" class="gkImage animate_queue_element active">';

Replace with below
echo '<a href="'.$this->get_link($i).'" title="'.strip_tags($this->parent->content[$i]['title']).'" class="gkImage active">';

Let me know how this works out.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:14 pm
Report this post
Hi Norman,

Thanks for your reply :)

Tried your solution but now it doesn't load at all - just blank ;)

Any other ideas?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:17 pm
Report this post
Let me install a test installation in my server and I ll postback with details.

just tested this and it works fine.

Can you send me your ftp and admin details so I can check it out.

my email normanuk[at]live.co.uk, please include this topic link and use topic subject as your email subject.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:25 pm
Report this post
I would also like to do this, and tried the suggested solution with the same results, just blank. I would love to see the animation without the need to bump the scroll.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:22 am
Report this post
@KSD, show me your site please as I have tested this already.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:22 pm
Report this post
normanUK wrote:@KSD, show me your site please as I have tested this already.

http://chriswramsey.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=741
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:52 am
Report this post
If you can remove 'animate_queue_element' class as I have suggested then you would need following css code as currently each items scale is set to '0' and once animation plays it transforms scale to '1'. So without animation there is no css change.

So anyone who removed the class please add following css code and it should display fine in the module.

.gkNspPM-Portfolio .gkImagesWrapper > a { transform: scale(1)!important; }

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:33 pm
Report this post
normanUK wrote:If you can remove 'animate_queue_element' class as I have suggested then you would need following css code as currently each items scale is set to '0' and once animation plays it transforms scale to '1'. So without animation there is no css change.

So anyone who removed the class please add following css code and it should display fine in the module.

.gkNspPM-Portfolio .gkImagesWrapper > a { transform: scale(1)!important; }

See you around...

Thanks for the help attempting to solve this issue, but I've tried all the recommended steps a number of times, and the page still remains blank. I tried adding the css in a number of places, I even tried a custom css module targeted to the page, but no luck.

I may have solved the issue with a bit of a hack:

I'm using flexi custom code module to add this javascript to the page to "nudge" it into a slight scroll.

<script type='text/javascript'>

window.onload = setTimeout("window.scrollBy(1,1);",2500);

</script>

It appears to be working. The 2500 time delay seems to be needed, as a shorter time (if not allowing all thumbnails to load) seems to make it not work. I've just tried this on Mac and older PC Chrome, Safare and Firefox. Not got to see it on iPad yet.

If there is a more elegant solution, I would love to hear it.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:44 pm
Report this post
KSD I still see following class in gkimages in GK5 module "animate_queue_element". This needs to be removed.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:50 pm
Report this post
normanUK wrote:KSD I still see following class in gkimages in GK5 module "animate_queue_element". This needs to be removed.

I did remove it, but that didn't work, so I put it back.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:19 pm
Report this post
I ll test again and post back with result. See you around...
Platinum Boarder