Change the names of headers in Front Page

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:30 pm
Report this post
Hello,

Is there anyway to change the name of the header in the Front Page, ex: #gkHeader, #gkBottom1, etc.
I need to localize my website so I have to change it.

Thanks,
Giang Anh
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:35 pm
Report this post
The only possible way is to place inside those elements an empty/dummy divs with ID's of your liking.

GK User
Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:20 am
Report this post
Could you please explain more detail, Cyberek? I'm new with Gavick template.

Thanks,
Giang Anh
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:56 pm
Report this post
Those elements are hardcoded into template and cant be changed easy (because You would also need to correct css files).
So the only way is to use module editor (remember to firstly disable TinyMCE in global configuration by changin it to editor: none), and either put for example:
Code: Select all
<div id="myNewHashtag"></div>

or create new custom html module just above the one, to which You would like to scroll.
Now with this dummy div in place You can use #myNewHashtag to scroll to its location.

GK User
Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:33 pm
Report this post
Hello,

Which file I should add that code?

Thanks,
Giang Anh
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:53 pm
Report this post
You need to use module editor and disable tinyMCE first (change editor to none in global settings).

GK User
Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:26 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:You need to use module editor and disable tinyMCE first (change editor to none in global settings).

It work Cyberek. However if I add one more custome HTML module to add only this code. There will be a redundant space above my module: http://screencast.com/t/1qaBg4zF
Is there any way to make it same as the default one? http://screencast.com/t/XmoiuTgT2

Thanks,
Giang Anh
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:30 pm
Report this post
To reduce module spacing, You would need to add an unique suffix to it, and then use override.css to remove spacing (in most cases padding or margin) on that element.
If You will have problem with that, please post an url to your site and name exactly which module should be stripped of space, Ill prepare custom css to show You how to do that (module must have suffix to do that).

GK User
Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:28 am
Report this post
Hello,

My website: http://japp.vn
I'm trying to replace the name of 3 headers so I will add 3 custom HTML module: http://screencast.com/t/7DRcoEcF2uB

Thanks,
Giang Anh
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:53 pm
Report this post
Could You give me suffix names of that modules?

GK User
Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:24 am
Report this post
I assume that I have to use my custom suffix in each modules. So it's _service, _about and _contact
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Giang Anh
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:04 pm
Report this post
I found that I posted to the wrong box. My question is for Creativity template.
Could you please help me to and answer and move this topic to the correct post Cyberek?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:28 am
Report this post
Anyone can help me please?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:42 am
Report this post
1. Every time when You reply to your own message, it goes down in list of topic to reply, so You will wait longer.
2. You should use override.css to "fix" empty spacing that have appeard:
Code: Select all
.onepage #gkHeader .box.service,
.onepage #gkBottom1 .box.about,
.onepage #gkBottom1 .box.contact {
 padding: 0px !important;   

To create this kind of declarations in future - use firebug or chrome developer tools - inspect those elements and find how correctly address them.

GK User
Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:38 pm
Report this post
It works after I removed the dash (-) in the suffix and enabled CSS override in the template setting.
Many thank Cyberek
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:39 am
Report this post
I was hoping, that override.css was working already in your site (i'm 99% sure that I have seen it activated).
Either case, I'm glad I could help You.