K2 layout problems when removing item view options

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:51 pm
Report this post
When using K2 and removing/hiding all "Item view options" (such as print, email, hits, etc), the space where these options are ... is not collapsed, leading to a lot of unnecessary white space.

Please give me hints on how to solve this. :S
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:54 am
Report this post
Hi

Please show me a direct url to example of this problem.

GK User
Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:25 am
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please show me a direct url to example of this problem.

I will send you a PM as the website is not live yet :)
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:08 pm
Report this post
Hi

There is something strange on Your site. When I look into code I can see a a lot of line which doesn't come from template or K2. See screenshot.

Space is produced by page title which is empty for this page. You should try to disable showing pageheading in menu item settings for this page, becuase removing the title part may break other pages, but if You want to try here is a code:

Code: Select all
section article,
article header {
    margin: 0;
}

GK User
Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 am
Report this post
OK. The strange code is coming from AutoAnchor Menu module (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/article-elements/articles-toc/19998?qh=YTo2OntpOjA7czoxMDoiYXV0b2FuY2hvciI7aToxO3M6NDoibWVudSI7aToyO3M6NToibWVudXMiO2k6MztzOjY6Im1lbnUncyI7aTo0O3M6NToibWVudWUiO2k6NTtzOjE1OiJhdXRvYW5jaG9yIG1lbnUiO30%3D)

So, what I have done now is to enable (show) the Title ... and the white space is still too much.

I am not sure what you ask me to do.

Please clarify.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:23 pm
Report this post
Hi

Just put the code I've presented above to override.css file and make sure override is enabled in template settings :)

GK User
Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:38 pm
Report this post
Thank you! It worked!! :)

As always, your support is great!
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:29 pm
Report this post
Hi

No problem. I'm glad I could help.