Virtuemart product categories

Fashion and clothing responsive Joomla ecommerce template with full VirtueMart support and advanced store features.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:11 am
Reply with quote
Report this post
I need to have another level of categories for my products. Right now VM has only two levels (I believe): category and product. I need to have 3 levels (category, sub-category and product.) Is there a way to add this?

It seems like people must've done this before - clothing stores, for instance, might have 2 categories (men's clothing, women's clothing), each with many sub-categories (shoes, sportswear, coats), and each sub-category has many products (white running shoes, brown oxfords, etc.)

Here's a link to the site under development, if needed: http://elizabethlada.com/thermal/

Thanks!
EL
User avatar
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:37 am
Reply with quote
Report this post
In shop & buy template the categories look like here >> screenshot

The whole structure which you may think this are subcategories is made with menu. You need to ask at VirtueMart forum if you have some problem with this extension configuration. We would really want to help you but we are not experts of VirtueMart.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:33 am
Reply with quote
Report this post
Thanks! Sadly, though, I have asked VirtueMart's forum 3 questions recently, and have received no replies :-( Not like GavickPro!

I think I could solve this problem with 'views' rather than with categories anyway. Right now I can only see one way to link to the VirtueMart store front - which shows all of the categories at once. Is there a way to have a top menu item ("Department 1") that shows only categories 1, 2 & 3, and another menu item ("Department 2") that only shows categories 4 & 5? That would solve the problem!

Thanks!
Liz
User avatar
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:19 am
Reply with quote
Report this post
Please check VirtueMart category view but as I remember it allows you to select only one category.
User avatar
Platinum Boarder


cron