Edit button not showing on front end articles

Professional Joomla social template with metro design and JomSocial extension support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:39 am
Report this post
The edit button do not appear on Joomla articles using this template (I am not using K2). I change template and they appear as normal.
The edit button does appear on modules but links to the module administration screen in the back end (worrying in itself).
I noticed a similar thread in the forum for the Steak house template and a solution was found.

https://www.gavick.com/forums/steak-hou ... ng#p210458

Is that solution appropriate for the (M) social template or is this a new issue?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:19 pm
Report this post
Hello,

We will work with this issue in the nearest update - 3.16. It will be released at the beginning of March.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:22 am
Report this post
Thats fine. Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:20 am
Report this post
I have now updated to 3.16 but still the edit buttons are not displaying on articles.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:18 pm
Report this post
Unfortunately due big amount of work I had to postpone this feature to the next update - I will note this topic and I will provide the fixed files as soon as I will finish it, so you will be able to use it before the next update release.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:51 am
Report this post
OK. Happy to do that.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:22 pm
Report this post
Hello again,

I've improved the MSocial front-end editor.

Please replace your files with the attached ones: css/joomla.css and layouts/blocks/head.php

Please also remove the html/com_content/form directory.

Please also check if your user have permissions for the article front-end editing, because as I have checked the edit link appears in the single item page without changes in the code.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:55 pm
Report this post
Done thse three things and the button still does not show up.
Changed template to one of my others and the button does show up - this was to check user permissions as requested. Whilst in the other template I entered the edit screen for an article, then changed back to msocial template and the system looped.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:29 pm
Report this post
Please send me your html/com_content/article/default.php file from the template directory using PM message.
Administrator

GK User
Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:32 am
Report this post
Done
Fresh Boarder