Changes needed in Category View

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:56 am
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hello,
I'm trying to change the way Category View looks. but I'm not a tech and I don't know how to do it.
Summarizing what I need:
-delete product details box
-delete "product price" text next to price.
-add a price with discount line below price and at the same time to cross the old price.
thanks in advance for your help
Best regards,
User avatar
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:43 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi

Here You will find the thread about the price crossed over and the other price. If You want to remove couple of elements than all the code can be found in /html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php so it can be removed there as well.
User avatar
Moderator

GK User
Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:45 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Dear Teitbite,
I'm not an expert in your templates. but I was recommended to get it, because, apparently were easy to customise. At the time, I feel a bit upset about the different questions arising from time to time, that in my opinion, aren't from my use of them, but because of the fact that I try only to change words in different modules and it results that end up not working at all the whole module. I understand that you are really bussy people, but I only want to make things work the way it should as I buy from the sample template and don't want to get any different from you.
Comming back to current issue. I've already manage to understand that details related to category view were in this file. Please, let me know what changes need to isse to get what I need.
Thanks in advance for your patience.
User avatar
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:53 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi

I'm sorry, I have simply forgot to paste the link to thred where I have explained the exact thing You are trying to do https://www.gavick.com/forums/instyle/s ... ce#p170564 I know it requires some changes to code, but it was not included so that's the only option. Please read this thread from begining, because this is explained in steps.
User avatar
Moderator

GK User
Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:57 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi Teitbite,
Please, note what I did: I include the code in category/default.php as you told.
Below I transcript what I use:

if ($this->show_prices == '1') {
if( $product->prices['discountedPriceWithoutTax'] ):
echo '<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">' . $this->currency->createPriceDiv('basePriceWithTax', '', $product->prices) . '</span>'
. number_format( (float)$product->prices['salesPrice'], 2, ',', '' ) . ' €';
else:
if ($product->prices['salesPrice']<=0 and VmConfig::get ('askprice', 1) and !$product->images[0]->file_is_downloadable) {
echo JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_ASKPRICE');
}
echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv('basePriceWithTax', '', $product->prices);
echo $this->currency->createPriceDiv('taxAmount','TPL_GK_LANG_VM_INC_TAX', $product->prices);
endif;
} ?>
</div>
Result I get was that format for price is correct. However, I didn't manage to insert price with discount.
Please, let me know next step.
best regards,
User avatar
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:32 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi

I think it's correct, but I can see one missing element. Try replace "basePriceWithTax" in the 3rd line of the above code to "discountedPriceWithoutTax".
User avatar
Moderator

GK User
Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:53 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi Teitbite,
I did what you told me.
I see that price with discount is crossed. I think it should be the other way round.
On the other hand I found a tinny description in product file It should be the same or similar to what happens in category view.
Please, let me know.
Best regards,
User avatar
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:01 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi

Please send me an access to ftp. I'll make it for You and post the modified file in case someone else will need it.
User avatar
Moderator

GK User
Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:14 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hallo teitbite,
Did you have a choice to take a look of this issue?
regards,
User avatar
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:15 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi

Unfortunatelly not. Looks like the ftp access You've send me is not working:

530 Login authentication failed. Please contact your web hosting service provider for assistance.
User avatar
Moderator

teitbite
Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:20 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi again

One more thing. I can see our site is offline, so I will need an access to Your site along with correct ftp.
User avatar
Moderator

teitbite
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:14 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi

I got an access to joomla panel, but You have forgot to send the corrected ftp access. The one I have is not working. Please I need it to make changes to files.
User avatar
Moderator

GK User
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:50 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
I'll try to send a pm but I wasn't able to forward to you.
All messages are stopped in outbox.
What should I do?
User avatar
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:46 pm
Reply with quote
Report this post
Hi

I did recived them (all 3 of them), but access is still not working. I'm sending You a screenshot via PM to prove that I'm telling the true. Please check if maybe my IP is blocked or something.
User avatar
Moderator


cron