I can't install Virtuemart

December '13 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:39 pm
Report this post
Hello,
I downloaded the quickstart version and I tried to install Virtuemart 2.6.0 but an errorr occurred (pls see the attached file).
I tried several Virtuemart versions, I uninstalled K2, I checked FTP privilegies and DB, etc.. but it didn't works.
Please, could you help me?
thank you very much
regards,
Marco
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:06 pm
Report this post
If you change language to defalut so the error shows in english - then perhaps putting the error int google might give you an answer.

GK User
Thu May 01, 2014 1:09 am
Report this post
The error in english is:
"component installation: DB function doesn't report error"
and
"component installation error".
I tried to google it but it's generic and I didn't see match with virtuemart.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun May 04, 2014 8:58 pm
Report this post
Same problem here! Please fix it guys,... Used the same virtuemart in a other template and thats works fine.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 12:28 am
Report this post
Hi,
I've solved my problem.
I uninstalled the previous attempt VM installation and I cleaned the DB for any VM entries (in the table _assets there was two VM entries).
I unzipped the VM installation file on my pc and I uploaded the com_virtuemart directory into the server /temp/vm directory and I installed VM via "Install from Directory" option (pointing it to /temp/vm directory) and all works fine.
I don't know what was the problem. I have several VM installations on the same server and it was the first time I had a problem with it.
I hope this post can help you.
Regards
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 05, 2014 7:26 am
Report this post
Thanks for sharing the solution.
I was searching for a solution of the problem but also couldn't find similar ones. Perhaps during first installation something went wrong and database was only partially updated.
Anyway - It's good that it is working correctly now.