K2 Front End Editing is not responsive

December '13 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:19 pm
Report this post
I am using the game template for Joomla 3.3 and I noticed that the K2 Frontend editing is not responsive. What do others do? Do you create the overrides to make itemform.php responsive? Or Could this be added in future versions of this template?

Thanks for your replies. :)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:05 am
Report this post
You mean this iframe view » screenshot ? If yes we can't make it responsive as long as K2 provide it in pop-up window not as a regular Joomla view.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:33 pm
Report this post
Yeah.. the screenshot is right. Thats what I was referring to. I doubt if K2 is gonna change it to regular view instead of pop-up window anytime soon. At the moment, I am trying to add the css override to make the frontend editing responsive, but its quite challenging for this one. The transition in the modal window isint working too well even with media queries. Still working on it..
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:59 am
Report this post
I was working on it last night and I was able to get the frontend editing sort of responsive. I need to add edits in different files to get it working. Here is what I did if it helps:

I Added the width and other css for #sbox-overlay in template overrides.css, added the mobile css override in tablet.css and then created a K2 override css for the modal window and lastly called this css in itemform.php.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am
Report this post
The problem is that iframe not load template styles but only core K2 styling and mobile devices can't display iframes in proper way especially when you rotate the device. The new K2 is coming with totally changed layout so I hope that this part will be also modified.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:59 pm
Report this post
Hi bkrztuk, You are absolutely right. I had a go with making the k2 editing screen responsive and I gave up. It takes too much css and fixes to get the iframe somewhat responsive and it still stuffs up in rotating devices. I also had a look at K2 updates and I am excited about the version 3 that is hopefully released this Sep. Looks like there are a lot of awesome improvements coming up.

When K2 version 3 is released, would you be releasing an updated version of gk_game template for the new k2 version? or is it upto us to style the k2 sub-templates when new version of K2 is released?

And if you do release an updated version for this template, how long it might take after k2 version 3 is released?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:52 am
Report this post
We're still waiting for post-beta version then we will make plans for updates of the old templates.
Platinum Boarder