Meny Drop Down Color's

December '13 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:24 pm
Report this post
Say I have 3 or 4 or 5 menu items... each with drop downs menu items... how do I make each menu item have a different color when someone scrolls down the drop down items... for Example - I have 4 links in the main nav... each link has a sub menu... as someone scrolls through these sub category menu items - the background color is different for each menu section... ie - all the sub categories are blue in one main link dropdowns... are red in the drop down background for the other main link, etc, etc. I heard that using the nth CSS selector works but can't get it to work.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:41 am
Report this post
Could you please post an url to your site?

GK User
Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:35 am
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Could you please post an url to your site?

Thanks for the quick response. I can't post this site as it's local and not ready to put it out there yet... but don't really need to post it... pretty straight forward question... let me use one of the demo's as an example. let's take for example News 2... you see how you have Home, Template, Politics, Sport, Lifestyle, Videos and EasyBlog in the main nav... I would like when a person scrolls down the navigation items in a section that it be a different color. For example, Template would be blue... if Politics had a drop down - those drop down menu items would be red... so on and so forth... Lets use Game Template... you have Games, Reviews, Features, Blog... when soeone hovers over Games nav... and say hovers over Nintendo - the background would turn say RED and also RED when they hover over PlayStation... and Red for Xbox, and Mobile... but if they hover over Template... the background for the sub menu's would be say blue... and maybe Green for EasyBlog... not just the text changing color but the background for that line item. Check out the Music State Template - see how when you hover over a sub menu item it turns a slightly different color... I would like it for say Pages to have it's drop down be blue... Features be red, Blog be green, Typography yellow, etc, etc.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:30 pm
Report this post
Can you reply to my latest reply please... thanks
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:15 pm
Report this post
Without link to a live site I can only sat that you need to use override.css and create selectors with use of nth child.
With sample news2 template it works this way:
Code: Select all
.gkMenu > ul > li:nth-child(2) a {
   background: red;
   color: blue;
}
.gkMenu > ul > li:nth-child(2) div.childcontent {
   background: red;
}

etc.

GK User
Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:05 am
Report this post
I gave you a bunch of example sites... any of your demo sites with a top nav... they are all done pretty much the same. The code you provided is just for the first one right? What about the next menu item's color?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:25 pm
Report this post
You change 2 to 3 etc and create more css declarations for each element.