Read More missing

February 2014 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:00 pm
Report this post
I am implementing News 2 on an existing Joomla 2.5 site (not mine) for a client, and the template seems to be removing the Read More links. If one of the default templates or the existing template is applied, the read more links reappear, but when the Gavick template is applied they disappear (settings are correct in Article options).

It's on a local server, unfortunately - but do you have any idea where to start looking for a clash? It's not being hidden in CSS or anything - the code isn't there. Latest patches of Joomla, GK and everything else as far as I can see.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:22 pm
Report this post
Hello,

On which subpage do you need the readmore button?
Administrator

GK User
Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:41 am
Report this post
Hi - I'm trying to get it on the home page and on category blogs (just as per your demo). The read more links/buttons are there if I switch templates, but they're being removed when I apply News 2.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:15 am
Report this post
The buttons on the homepage are generated by the modules - please check your settings of the homepage modules with this page: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... iguration/
Administrator

GK User
Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:41 am
Report this post
In any category blog menu item I'm trying to get 'read more' links on the articles - not just linked titles. But as soon as I apply the News 2 template it strips them out. This isn't an issue related to the home page module options... got any ideas?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:17 pm
Report this post
we didn't added support for readmore buttons on these pages - in this case you can copy the readmore button code from the original files and apply wherever you want.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:40 pm
Report this post
What is the fix for this issue?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:53 am
Report this post
we didn't added support for readmore buttons on these pages - in this case you can copy the readmore button code from the original files and apply wherever you want.
Administrator