Social Media

February 2014 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:23 am
Report this post
I am using the Gavick Pro News 2 template for Joomla 3.x.

My website address is: http://www.whatsthe411.com.

I want to replace the Gavick Pro Find Us on Facebook Like button and facepile in the right sidebar with my own Facebook page.

I also want to replace Gavick Pro social media platforms with my own social media platforms (Google+, Twitter, Facebook and RSS). The module position for these social icons are in the Social position. I looked at the social module, but it appears to be empty, so I don't know how those icons are appearing in the social position.

I see a Weblinks Manager, but I am not sure what this area controls.

Please advise.

Thank you.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:10 am
Report this post
Hi,
this module is not empty but there is html code inside him, enable HTML mode to check it.
I think the best option for you will be disable it, and in exactly this same module position publish another "real" social module which have those social features which you mentioned. You can use our GK Social module or any other.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:15 am
Report this post
p.s.
But there is a small problem none of them have RSS feature. But Are you really sure that you want to feed SEO farms with it ?
People do not use RSS any more.
And if you want to send somebody just use hidden link with RSS url or even XML.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:00 am
Report this post
Hi Oscar,

There are two separate issues:

1) The Find Us on Facebook module including the Facebook facepile in the News 2 template, points to Gavick Pro and I want the module to point to my Facebook page. This module is in the sidebar-right position.

2) The social icons for Google+, Twitter, and Facebook in the "social" module position also point to Gavick Pro's social platforms. I want these social icons to point to my social platforms and not Gavick Pro.

I am looking for step by step directions as to what to do to change them. I don't know HTML. I thought there was something I could change in the News 2 Template.

Best,

Ruth
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:30 pm
Report this post
Those are not issues but mostly "I can not use this template and modules, because I'm Joomla beginner ;)"

Check template settings "Social API" tab
then
module named "Social icons" and open in HTML mode you will see code.
Platinum Boarder