Text truncated at links

News Show Pro GK5 - flexible, responsive and easily extendable free Joomla module support forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:43 am
Hi
I have two instances of News show Pro GK5 at the bottom of the page at http://www.writebetterer.com. The first module on the left 'Bureaubabble' works fine - the module on the right side 'Writing Tips' is not working correctly.

In the writing tips module the text is being truncated where there is a link appearing in the text. I have tried all types of different settings. I have the text limit set to 50 words. If I turn code cleanup off then it shows the entire article and doesn't limit text. If I turn cleanup on it truncates the text at the first link that appears in the text (I have tried setting allowed tags to a,em,strong,b - but the text is still cut off at the first link).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Emily
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:14 am
Text limit can be set in more than one place of NSP module configuration. Please check tabs on the left configuring links etc.

GK User
Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:43 am
I have checked all the areas I can think of and upped the allowed description length to 300 words - however the text is still getting cut off where a link appears in the original item.... even if I allow 'a' in the allowed html box it still truncates the text as soon as it encounters that first link.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:33 am
So the problem is not word/letters count limit but some html tags that "cuts" the text at their position?

GK User
Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:24 am
Yes - it appears that way. If I remove the link from the text then the word count works fine.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:23 pm
Really strange... Could you describe how to reproduce this issue (article sample content, NSP settings) on a clean Joomla installation?

GK User
Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:18 am
Thanks so much - but looks like I've worked it out - there was a target="_blank" on the link that the client had created - they had inadvertently put target=“_blank" - and the incorrect quotation mark on the left side was causing the issue. All fixed now :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:14 am
Ok, thanks for the info.
If you have any additional questions regarding this topic, please let me know.