Template width didn´t work for me

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed May 21, 2014 6:51 pm
Report this post
Hi.
I´m new using John template in a Joomla 3.3.0 installation but i can´t get working propertly the template witdth value from the Template Manager Layout tab. As i see in the frontpage after change this value, it´s only applied in the upper menú but there are no changes in the other modules.

I`m trying to see what i´m doing wrong using the Quickstart demo but i can't see any different in my config.

What is necesary to change the frontpage modules width?

Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 22, 2014 9:37 am
Report this post
Could you give me your site URL ? It is always easier to check CSS/HTML code on live site.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 22, 2014 3:44 pm
Report this post
Our test page is in http://www.chumachos.com/redeporte
Position view is active.There are only two simple modules and I can see the next line change with my value but it doesn´t works.
<link href="http://www.chumachos.com/redeporte/templates/gk_john_s/css/small.desktop.css" rel="stylesheet" media="(max-width: 1400px)">
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 27, 2014 8:02 am
Report this post
As I can see on your website the width is not set to 1000px (screenshot) so different than default in template. This means that the width attribute is working fine according to your back-end settings.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:19 pm
Report this post
Template layout width is set to 1400.
In this link, there is a Johns demo with this value set to 1400 (http://www.chumachos.com/j30_john/). If i change the value, all things changes, menu and modules.
In my page, only white upper menu is drawed with 1400px but not the modules (you can see the Johns logo at upper left). In the demo, menu and modules are drawed with 1400px.

Well, is there any other width value that i should change or what i'm doing wrong?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:03 pm
Report this post
Please have a look at this screenshot

Every single part of your template is 100% wide and 100% means 1400px which is generated based on template settings. Could you mark for me the area where do you have the problem with this width?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:35 pm
Report this post
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140 ... xample.png
Left page is 1400px, right one is 600px. Module "Bienvenido esto es..." didn't change but upper menú is set to that value. It's like only the menú was affected by this value.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:26 pm
Report this post
I did some test and I find that in the demo something overwrites template.css:117 max-width=1000px and put the value I set in template options.
.frontpage .gkPage, #gkTop .gkPage {
max-width: 700px;
}

It's at <div class="gkPage" id="gkContentWrapper">. This lines apears and listed below apears
.gkPage {
-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
-moz-box-sizing: border-box;
-ms-box-sizing: border-box;
-o-box-sizing: border-box;
box-sizing: border-box;
margin: 0 auto !important;
padding: 0;
max-width: 1000px; THIS VALUE IS STRIKETHROUGHT
}

This things doesn't appears in my web.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:38 pm
Report this post
This may be frontpage suffix issue, please check whether in field suffix for pages you homepage menu item has set .frontpage as suffix. Maybe you just change the menu so the ID is different and this overrided rules are not working properly.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat May 16, 2015 10:08 am
Report this post
This is exactly the issue i have as well...but still don't get it how to set this. I played around with override css, but i guess thats not the way to go. Do you have a manual where and how to set this .frontpage suffix. Thank you.
Senior Boarder