New "My Works" Not Showing On Front Page

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:35 am
Report this post
Hello:

When I create a new K2 item or "Portfolio" piece, it does not show up on the home page under the "Checkout my hot works" section.

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael K.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:50 pm
Report this post
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

GK User
Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:59 am
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

Sorry teitbite, I should definitely know this step by now. Lol. I should update the situation as the new posts eventually appear but not until the next day. So I have no idea what the problem is. Thanks for your help as always! :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:15 am
Report this post
Hi

You should have start with this information :) If news appear with a delay this is the problem with time difference between database and server. In NSP module there is an option called "Time Offset" which was created for this exact issue. Simply try different values till You will find a one which displays articles instantly.

GK User
Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:21 am
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

You should have start with this information :) If news appear with a delay this is the problem with time difference between database and server. In NSP module there is an option called "Time Offset" which was created for this exact issue. Simply try different values till You will find a one which displays articles instantly.

Lol, I know, I promise next time I will. I do have another question though. Did you notice that the site took a long time to load? I'm just trying to see if it is the site causing this or if it's my internet connection. Thanks again!
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:32 am
Report this post
Hi

My connection is not the best today either. Try using jotCache component for a cache solution this will speed site up greatly.

GK User
Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:08 am
Report this post

My connection is not the best today either. Try using jotCache component for a cache solution this will speed site up greatly.

Thank you for the recommendation, however, it seems as though my site is still pretty slow on the initial load not the cached loads. Is there anyway to fix this? I don't remember the demo being this slow.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:19 pm
Report this post
Hi

jotCache is simply transfering Your site to HTML, so any time taking operations will be lowered to minimum. It's a free component, so just give it a try. I was able reduce a time to 3s for page which took over 20s before using it.

GK User
Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:51 pm
Report this post

jotCache is simply transfering Your site to HTML, so any time taking operations will be lowered to minimum. It's a free component, so just give it a try. I was able reduce a time to 3s for page which took over 20s before using it.

I'm sorry, do you have any steps you would recommend in setting this extension up? I can't seem to find any good instructions for it online.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:29 am
Report this post
Hi

Sorry I do not. All I'm doing after installing is to simply enable it and set to load as a first plugin. Than You can set the time for the cache to be cleared. Personally I think 15min is a good value, becuase it will behave as witht he problem before. Changes will be visible after 15min on site.