News Show Pro GK5 takes long to render

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:28 am
Report this post
Hi

Why do changes on News Show Pro GK5 take much longer to take effect compared to other modules I have tried this with many templates and many sites and just found out now that changes take very long to render , previously I thought the modue was not working and tried alternate modules .

I have finally found out that it does work , just takes long to render .
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:11 pm
Report this post
Hi

The only thing I can think of is if You have enabled module's cache in modules settings.

But please tell me exactly what takes time to display. If You mean articles than there is an issue in K2 which may be causing such behaviour.

GK User
Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:39 pm
Report this post
When I change Data Source to Joomla Categories , this takes very long for changes to render and as I said previously I thought the extension does not work properly - but since testing I have figured out that it takes long I now have to leave it overnight and the next morning I notice the changes I made .
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:34 am
Report this post
Hi

In this case it has to be site or server cache slowing it down. The delay in posting happens with K2 source only. It's when database and server time is different. Anyway try play with "Time offset" setting in module configuration. Set different values and see if new posts appear.