Site Is Really Slow

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:14 am
Report this post
Hello All:

I'm currently having a problem with the John Template. I notice that it is extremely slow when you try to access my site.

I was recommended a plugin call JotCache, and it still seems to be pretty slow. I was curious as to wether someone could look into this problem for me and help me determine wether or not it is the stuff I have on my site, or a possible problem with the template.

The URL is: http://www.construction.koernervisions.com

Thanks in advance for all of your help,

Michael K.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:06 am
Report this post
I don't think this is a template issue. Your first response from server takes over 28 seconds - and this is just a response with basic html. Please verify if default Beeze/Protostar works fine.

GK User
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:46 am
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:I don't think this is a template issue. Your first response from server takes over 28 seconds - and this is just a response with basic html. Please verify if default Beeze/Protostar works fine.

I changed the template to Protostar and It cut the time down drastically. I wonder if it has something to do with the "My Hot Works" Module?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:01 am
Report this post
Okay, so I've done a little digging and found that the module that is giving the problem is the News Pro GK5 module. According to Safari, it says that the total amount of information on the page is a total 1.22MB, it then says that it takes 10.15 seconds to load. That seems like a long time for only 1.22MB doesn't it?

I had set the Thumbnail quality to 60% but that makes them really look bad on retina display computers/devices.

Any help with this would greatly be appreciated as I am wanting to make this my new site and this is really slowing down the process.

Thanks!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:33 am
Report this post
Big images are loaded only after you click on a thumbnail so they do not add to starting page size.
Thumbnails could be a little bit optimised... You can configure NSP to use smaller images as thumbnails. Right now you are loading 456x300px images into smaller box (downsizing). You could use twice smaller thumbnails that will still look ok on most devices.

GK User
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:16 am
Report this post
So the Link Thumbnail is the image that loads first and is in the small boxes, and the regular thumbnails sizes are for what animates up and display on the screen after clicking on the small boxes?

I've adjusted both and it just seems like anything other than putting the original image sizes looks real blurry.

Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:46 pm
Report this post
Maybe you need to clear the cache?

GK User
Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:28 am
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:Maybe you need to clear the cache?

Unfortunately, I have cleared both my browser's cache and Joomla!'s cache and still no decrease in down time.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:40 pm
Report this post
Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with admin/super-admin privileges (please create one for me)
3. ftp data (host, user, password)
4. link to this thread

GK User
Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:16 am
Report this post
Hello, I'm just curious as to wether or not you received my login credentials? I can't find anywhere that says they were sent.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:40 am
Report this post
Sorry, nothing in my inbox. Could you please resend the data?