gk_storefront_quickstart_J!25 is not working

GK User
Mon May 19, 2014 5:00 pm
Hi,
I tried to install the gk_storefront_quickstart_J!25 but I can't go ahead during the installation at the step 4 about database
Can you hel me?
thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon May 19, 2014 6:21 pm
Perhaps you are providing wrong database settings?
Please contact your hosting company for help.

GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 8:01 am
Cyberek wrote:Perhaps you are providing wrong database settings?
Please contact your hosting company for help.

No, I'm sure because I'm working with localhost
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 9:39 am
Then for sure you are doing something wrong. Quickstart is a standard joomla installation package with our template added and some additional database data.
Please try installing standard Joomla package to see the result will be the same.

GK User
Sat May 24, 2014 6:18 pm
Hello, i have the same problem with gk_storefront_quickstart
can't go ahead during the installation at the step 4 about database
Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Unable to connect to the Database: Could not connect to MySQL.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat May 24, 2014 7:50 pm
i did the process over and over again
step by step , renew the database.. made all combinations possible, and i can not pass step no4
please help us
we have tried with quickstart for 2.5 and3.0
if we try to install normal joomla it is working
we also added a line in httacces with the magic Q off, and we are running latest version of mysql
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 26, 2014 8:22 pm
I have just downloaded and installed StoreFront Quickstart for Joomla 2.x family without any problems.
Perhaps you can check error/access logs for some informations about the cause of your installation failure?

GK User
Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:46 pm
hello,
maybe you should try restarting your system and reinstall again. i had similar challenge while i was installing the quickstart, it wouldn't just go past step 1, and that helped to resolve it.

cheers.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:49 pm
Also the reason might be that mysql server doesn't run. Installing vanilla Joomla package should give exactly same result - proving that it is not our package specific problem.

GK User
Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:46 pm
I have the same problem does not happen in step 4 of the installation. I think if the package has a problem because several have the same problem.

Anyway I could give the system requirements to order them both to my hosting and discard the error is due to this.

Thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:27 pm
Sorry, but we don't provide support for local machines (It just can't be done). The reasons might be endless. It works fine on MAMP and it works fine on custom apache/php/mysql builded from brew on mac.
As I have mentioned earlier - check if you can install normal Joomla package correctly - if so, then write back. If not - this is pure local configuration error.

GK User
Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:28 pm
Hi, I have tried to install this template several times and is always in step 4 I'm installing it on a web server and other templates already installed and I have no problems with this only happens to me
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:06 pm
No, the data from the database and user actually installed another template to make sure I did not have any problems and are perfect.

Just try installing the quick start of this template for joomla 3.0 and does not work me. So 2 quick start have problem. They can fix please.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:11 pm
good Morning

I still have the same problem, I can not install the quick start because it always falls on the 4th step.

Please help !!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:29 pm
With Joomla 3.x the problem is in most cases in server configuration that doesn't met Joomla requirements.
Check this thread:
https://www.gavick.com/forums/rockwall- ... 34#p128334