Layout G not found

GK User
Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:25 am
Hi there, I had a Storefront template installed a couple of months ago and I was starting to work on the template in CSS. I remember in the backend I encountered an error 'layout g not found' when trying to access the template or trying to access modules etc.

So I downloaded the latest one today and completely deleted the db and the user etc from the old one and then reinstalled this one and I still get the same error. I have other GK templates on my server with no problems at all.

Anyone have any idea why its doing this?

What I just noticed is, it only does this in Chrome but not IE. It works fine in IE :(
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:04 am
Could you show me this error? Did you modify anything in template files?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:44 am
No I didnt, I even reinstalled fresh new copies and databases of it and always has the same result.

I cant edit menu items as well. Most of it is not functional unless I use IE instead of Chrome. Can I private msg u the login and site as I'd prefer it not on this board?

Thanks.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:46 pm
I am now getting this same error on Bluap as well :(
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:50 pm
Did you install the template to existing installation? I suspect that the problem is somewhere in Joomla if you get this kind of error. Probably you need to fix your database or restore website from backup.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:46 am
I did a fresh new install of Storefront and to a new database though and doesnt matter what I do I get that error, and its only in Chrome.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:39 pm
I'll ask again because I even don't see this error.
Could you show me this error?
Please attach screenshot here…
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:08 pm
bkrztuk wrote:I'll ask again because I even don't see this error.
Could you show me this error?
Please attach screenshot here…

I mentioned I can email you my login details so you can see the error for yourself. I may try another computer in the case that it is my actual browser doing it since IE and Firefox seem to work ok.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:43 am
So it is a problem in your log only? You wrote :

backend I encountered an error 'layout g not found'

What is the problem with making a screenshot when you see this error? Do you have some localhost like MAMP or WAMP where you can test the package. It is the first time when someone have this kind of issue so probably it is your server problem but until I can see this message I even don't know whether it is Joomla or server error.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:21 am
I have attached it for you now.

Thanks.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:13 am
Ok, could you also show me the URL of the page (without domain) when you see this message. It comes from particular component but without URL I'm unable to find out which one.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:16 am
Please also look here for possible solution » joomla2.5 - 500 - An error has occurred in Joomla 2.5 - Stack Overflow
Platinum Boarder