how to display Virtuemart featured products on lines ?

GK User
Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:51 am
Hi,
I can't display Virtuemart featured products on 2 or 3 lines
it only displays it in one column
I tried the position Bottom1 / bottom2, etc...
whatever I set in the module or in Virtuemart configuration.
Is that a bug with the template ?
Thanks
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:55 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

teitbite
Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:18 am
Hi

featured products are at the bottom of the page
I noticed that when I installed GK-Storefront-quickstart for J!2.5, the template folder in my ftp is not the same as in your archive. For example, in your archive I can see a folder called "Virtuemart css"
in the ftp of the website, this folder does not exist.
I uploaded it manually, but this gives no change to the template of Virtuemart pages. Is that a bug or did I missed something at install ?

Answearing Your PM. What You got with quickstart is correct. Demo may be a little different, since all fixes are done to a project copy first and demo got updated after some of issues are resolved.

Please make a test and rename folder "/html/com_virtuemart" to "/html/_com_virtuemart". This looks really broken and I see no such behaviour in my copy so if test will display it a little better than send me an access to joomla panel and ftp.

GK User
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:26 am
Hi,
I did the test and featured products stay in one column so I guess it is not a problem with the template
I tried with other templates and it is the same problem
I open another ticket because I can't display template styling configurator online (Show template menu)
thanks
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:04 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to fto and joomla panel. Also a link to Your other question. I'll try to fix both of them.

teitbite
Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:22 am
Hi

Ok. I've made a wrong assumption becauase I haven't noticed this is a module and not one of VM views. So I've checked module settings and it was set to display 1 product per row, so this was the first issue here. Other is that the module is missing a class, so please add this code to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings:

Code: Select all
.floatleft { float: left; }

GK User
Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:49 pm
Hi,
I added the code to override.css, and checked that the module (Nos produits phares) is set to display 8 products per row
it's ok now.
My next step will be to enlarge margin between each product
Thanks for your help
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:37 am
Hi

To add some space between try this code:

.vmgroupalignementphare .width12 {
    margin-right: 2%;
    width: 10%;
}

GK User
Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:03 am
Thanks !!
have a good day.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:28 am
best with that code in my case (
vmgroupalignementphare .width12 {
    margin-right: 2%;
    text-align: center;
    width: 18%;
}
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Hi

I get it. I've made more rows this way :) Great idea.