Search Button off ... mystery 0

May 2014 Joomla Template
GK User
Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:51 pm
Hello,

I am using the University joomla template, and when I post the search module in the sidebar without the button a mystery 0 appears in it's place.

Just curious what is causing this?

Thank you,
John
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:56 pm
There is also an issue if I choose the option; search button image.

I would actually, prefer the search button image but it seems that it is missing. It would also be nice if the search button image was in line with the search box.

Thank you,
john
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:59 pm
I fixed it to my liking. I listed what I did below for those looking to achieve the same results. There may have been an easier way, but I needed this asap.

1. Edit the code below from line 14 located here: templates/gk_university/html/mod_search/default.php

Code: Select all
$button = '<input type="image" value="'.$button_text.'" class="button'.$moduleclass_sfx.'" src=".$img." onclick="this.form.searchword.focus();"/>';

change it to this:

$button = '<input type="image" value="'.$button_text.'" class="button'.$moduleclass_sfx.'" src="images/search.png" width="20" height="20" onclick="this.form.searchword.focus();"/>';

2. Add a search.png file that is 20px by 20px to your main images/ folder

3. Make sure your override.css is enabled for your template.
4. Add the following css to the override.css file

.search input[type="text"] {
height: 39px!important;
width: 75%;
}

.search input.button {
width: 20%;
float: right;
padding: 10px;
}

P.S. Width and Padding may need adjustment based on the width you set for the sidebar.

This gave me the results in the attached picture. I also attached the search.png file I used.

Hope this helps someone :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:13 pm
Hi

This is a very nice solution. Thank You for shearing this with us.