How to set front page /Home slider?

Responsive WordPress theme suitable for Schools, Colleges or educational websites.
GK User
Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:14 am
I tried as much as possible failed, please help me how to set the front page/home slider. But also I cant open quick start, how can I be able to access documentation in pdf if possible?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:29 am
Hello,

Unfortunately, there's no pdf version, but you can find the documentation here:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/th ... y/install/

Please check Frontpage Widgets -> Header to find out how to configure the hompeage slider.

GK User
Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:55 pm
Hi @tossytm,

Just to point out what is missing from the online documentation. For the text portion in the home page slider, edit the slide image in the Media library, add Title (to be used in the widget area to select images), Caption and Description. Image size is good to be 1720 x 896px, I use 1920 x 1000px myself and work great.

Although things could be set and work great, I will expect Gavick to improve the frame work or design with third party plug-ins to enable Easier Slide Management, and other theme features.

Thanks all.
Andrew
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:25 pm
Hi, my slide stop to work, still in loading, i try to change the image but nothing wappens.
Check in http://www.celinaax.com/seune/ :(
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:44 pm
Hi k1mble,

You might type the names wrongly.

the nane to use is the image Title, try set the image Title all lower case and NO SPACE in the names.

Hope this helps.

All the best.
Andrew
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:51 am
Hi Andrew, no sucess, i try change image, all lowercase, someone can help me?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:19 am
Hi,
@k1mble, could you send me a PM with backend access to your website? Then I'll be able to check the issue and find the solution.

GK User
Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:29 pm
Piotr Kunicki wrote:Hi,
@k1mble, could you send me a PM with backend access to your website? Then I'll be able to check the issue and find the solution.

Hello Piotr, I had installed a plugin to add a facebook like box that broke the slider. When you delete the problem was solved. Thanks for listening :)
Fresh Boarder